Who is going to Names this year?

I will be there with the guys from the New England Model Engineering Society. Look for our sign and banners and stop by and say HI.

Errol Groff

Reply to
Errol Groff

I'll be there.

Wes

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Hey Wes,

I'll be there of course. Have me paged so we can have a coffee.

Anybody interested if I post the 2009 Seminars line-up here?

We still need as much volunteer assistance for set-up and teardown as we can get. Anyone interested, please contact me. All I can offer is a free pass.

I'll be headed to Toledo on Monday afternoon, but if you can't get me before that, just show up at the back-door and ask for me starting Wednesday morning and I'll find something for you to do!!

snipped-for-privacy@ciaccess.com or snipped-for-privacy@ciaccess.com

or 1-519-695-2799

Brian Laws>Just wondering.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Maybe. I thought about bringing my pair (RH & LH) of Reid engines. Cost to travel and lodge is an issue these days since employer went bankrupt.

Bob

Reply to
bob_1fs

I'd love to say hi.

Absolutely, I'm staying both days this year. First year I was eyes agog looking at the displays, last year, I did one day of checking the displays and catching the seminars with a trip home that night. Seminars are going to be a big part of my interest this year.

The EMC2 crew is going to be there. I'm really looking forward to that.

Will Mr Ginger be there again this year? I think that is the gent that put on the diy cnc seminar. I'd like to catch it again.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

the diy cnc

For sure Ron Ginger will be there but I don't know if he is scheduled to give a talk.

Errol Groff

Reply to
Errol Groff

I'll be there with my minimill and EMC.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Hey Bob,

Well, the Seagate Hotel is closed for renovations, but the other on-site hotel, the Park Inn, has a special room rate of just under $100, and that is the same price for 1 to 4 guests in the room. So, don't come alone....bring 3 friends...and split all the costs.

We were talking about Reid engines the other day at a club in St. Thomas. I'm sure that those guys would love to see what you have.

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

the diy cnc

Hey Wes and Errol,

Yep!! Ron Ginger has kindly obliged us to do one Seminar at noon on Saturday.

I'm not too sure how this will look as an email, and if anyone can't "read it" please send me an email and I'll send it direct to you as a Word.doc, but here's the list:

March 31, 2009 NAMES 20th Annual Seminar Schedule

Time TOPIC Presenter

SATURDAY

10:00AM "TIPS FOR BEGINNERS" by Clif Roemmich

10:00AM "STIRLING ENGINES" by Bert deKat (Principles of engines run by EXTERNAL heat)

10:00AM "GET KIDS IN THE HOBBY" by Chip Greene

11:00AM "BUILD A BACKYARD FOUNDRY" by Rick Chownyk (A simple foundry furnace)

12:00PM "ALUMINUM CASTING" by Rick Chownyk (Patterns and molds and pouring)

12:00PM "ADVENTURES IN HOMESHOP CNC" by Ron Ginger

12:00PM "SILVER SOLDERING & FABRICATING SMALL PARTS" by Jerry Kieffer

2:00PM "STATIONARY STEAM (used in) POWER HOUSES" by Brad Smith

2:00PM "A DECADE of EVIC ENGINE DEVELOPMENT" by Dave Bowes (Computer chip control of a gasoline engine by valves alone. No carburettor!!)

2:00PM "TRY THIS" by Phil Shannon (Tips for specific tasks, and a good Q&A)

4:00PM "ROTARY PHASE CONVERTORS" by Bob Swinney (Get "commercial" 3 phase power in the home shop from standard household wiring) 4:00PM "ART TO PART" by John Barlage (from concept to design to a finished part) 4:00PM "WORKING WITH SMALL CASTINGS AND PARTS" by Ron Grimes (some VERY samll)

SUNDAY

10:00AM "3D DESIGN CAD FOR THE MODEL ENGINEER" by Mike Rehmus

10:00AM "ORGANIZATIONAL TIPS FOR THE SMALL SHOP" by Peter Renzetti

10:00AM "EDM......STILL MAGIC " Mark Toth & Reg Miller (Cutting Metal with Electricity)

1:00PM "RUBBER AND INVESTMENT CASTING" by Louis Chenot (Lou is this years "model")

Take care,

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 23:58:18 -0500, the infamous Jon Elson scrawled the following:

Will the EMC be squared, Jon?

-- You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you _can_ do something about its width and depth. -- Evan Esar

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Oh, well, now.....

EMC2 could be just a plain two, or it COULD be EMC^2, I don't know. We will have the largest EMC contingent since a few years back, when there was a nasty debacle at NAMES, I think that was 2005?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

On Tue, 07 Apr 2009 15:18:45 -0500, the infamous Jon Elson scrawled the following:

We had a physics-based incident over on the Wreck once, long ago. Someone got the hang of ScarySharp(tm) and the blade was so sharp, it split an atom when he waved it around. Luckily, nobody has made that mistake again since then.

-- You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you _can_ do something about its width and depth. -- Evan Esar

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It will be nice to meet you. What machine is your minimill based on?

Wes

Reply to
Wes