Will be picking up a Millermatic 35 mig with spool gun in the morning

I looked at a Millermatic 35 with a spool gun, unit is clean and has been in a small shop since new, the seller builts race cars and does frame repair. He used this welder to do some aluminum work with the spool gun, the spool gun is worth as much as the welder I suppose. I went to millers web sight but was unable to download the manual, they require the serial # and I don't have it. Not sure what the max amps is, I don't think its real high.

Does anyone own one of these? how are they?

here's your manual

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o1301q_mil.pdf

150 amps at 23 VDC, 60% duty cycle. could go up to 200 amps, low duty cycle. It is a good, honest welder.

Ok so whats the trick to skipping the serial number? Thanks Looking at the manual it does look like a half decent machine, the spool gun setup he has on is nice.

The trick is, drumroll, to just not enter it.

looks nice to me, not that I know anything.,

:

wayne mak wrote:

Wayne, when you get your welder, make sure you write down the serial number and go back to the Miller site and put your serial number in. Miller revs their welders all the time, has different manuals for every rev, and references every machine by its serial number. A corollary suggestion is never buy a Miller welder on which the serial number has been defaced ..

Grant

When I bought my 200 in 1982, they were the smaller brother of the 200. Slightly less in capabilities, but what ALL the shops used for wrought iron welding ALL - DAY- LONG - FIVE - DAYS - A - WEEK. It won't burn in big wire, and does have limits, but I think IMHO, it is a bulletproof long living wirefeed for light stuff. I am not sure how high they are rated, and how that converts to thickness, but they are a good machine. It has been so long since I heard of one, I would check at the local shop, or on the Internet, and see if consumables and replacement parts are available. The main thing that went on them were the contactor points, and that is an easy cheap fix.

Steve

I was surprised to see it is 200 pounds, this unit looks to have been used very little and the kind of work this guy does I can't imagine it was used much. The spool gun and control box are going for more on ebay then the whole dam thing. I have a lincoln weld pac 155 and love it for what it is.