LEGO Mindstorms NXT 2.0 Alpha Rex with Visual Basic Programming Interface

I need help with programming the Lego Robot commands like forward, backward, left, right commands with Visual Basic 2008 interface I created, I am fairly new to this, and wished I had more programming experience. This is quite a challenge because I am trying to find resources on the internet but I cannot find any template or tutorial that someone has developed. Please Help!! I would greatly appreciate it!

Reply to
Doctor Scholle

Try the tutorial at:

Reply to
Rich Webb

If you want to become more skilled at programming, Visual Basic is not the best route.

Try a more modern language, like Python.

Reply to
Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Actually if you want to become skilled at programming, learn to ignore comments from newbs like this.

Reply to
spiked3

Hey,

I know this answer is kinda late, but hopefully it can help out someone els= e. You can easily write a program in VB to control your NXT.

The NXT can accept commands / communicate over USB or Bluetooth. You will = need to send commands down to the NXT that are properly formatted and writt= en in the correct syntax / protocol. Since there is a lot to cover, I woul= d recommend taking a look at this writeup here:

It covers all the basics of the types of commands that you will need to sen= d to the NXT as well as helpful examples. The tutorial uses a more simplis= tic application to send the commands, however if you can duplicate that in = VB (which is fairly simple), then you can easily make a program in VB to co= ntrol you NXT.

If you hook up your NXT to your computer via Bluetooth or USB, you can sear= ch for the connection in the device manager. From here, you can determine = which "COM" port # it is assigned to, and then in VB you simply address tha= t com port, and send the commands you wish.

If you have any further questions, I would recommend posting a question at = the bottom of that writeup - since LEGO's own "direct bluetooth commands" d= escription .pdf is written very poorly. There are also some other apps you= can download from the website and if you take a look around there they mig= ht even have some examples written in VB for you. Here is one I found that= uses C# - however should give you a great start:

Hope this helps!

Reply to
carzyrobotman