An Enigma Machine?

I wonder if there have ever been designs published for an Enigma Machine, the mechanics of it, because, of course, it is a trivial matter to do in a computer program.

Reply to
gareth G4SDW GQRP #3339

Try googling for "enigma machin plans" or "build your own enigma machine" for examples.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Dawes

I did, and they were all electronic, hence my approach in this NG

Reply to
gareth G4SDW GQRP #3339

Yup.

has some drawings. I don't know how historically accurate or complete they are.

The enigmamuseum and enigma-replica supposedly sell accurate mechanical replicas and/or parts - however afaik they don't supply plans, tell people dimensions etc.

I do not know of any other available plans, but I am not a historical enthusiast (if you didn't know, I am a cryptologist). If you are eg serious about building one, I can ask some people.

-- Peter F

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Thanks Peter, but currently I'm just curious about the possibilities.

What has (re) triggered this is that a friend of mine (who lives just across the road from you in Woodlands Edge) has decided that we're both going to make John Wilding's large wheel skeleton clock, and as he's got his mill set up for CNC, it'd be a relative doddle to do the multiples-

-of-26 machining that the rotors would need.

Reply to
gareth G4SDW GQRP #3339

Thanks for that, Peter, downloaded them.

Now, all I need to do is to learn the German language :-(

Reply to
gareth G4SDW GQRP #3339

How did your project get on, to creats a secure person-to-person comms facility such that neither end could not ever possibly know the keys and therefore could not ever be guilty of failing to provide them to the ongoing naziification of Brit governance?

Reply to
gareth G4SDW GQRP #3339