Bandsaw Blade for Aluminium

Spent half the day getting nowhere with Google so can anyone recommend a place to buy a quality Bandsaw blade that is specific to cutting Aluminium???

I've a Dewalt DW738 and need a 82 1/2" (2095mm) quality blade to cut 25mm depth of 6082 Aluminium.

I'm educated guessing that a 6tpi hook blade is best ???

Reply to
Babba

Try these:

would certainly use the finest blade possible for aluminium .... in the blades above I would use the 14tpi, although a finer one would be better (24tpi) if you could get one. Brad

Reply to
Dave

For one inch thick aluminium a 6 tpi balde is as fine as you want to go. If there were a lot of cutting, a 4tpi or 6tpi skip-tooth would be better. Don't be afraid to use some paraffin on a brush as lubricant if you get buildup on the blade.

A 14 or 24tpi blade would clog almost instantly and wouldn't cut worth a damn in that material.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Try this guy, he seems to know his stuff.

Henry

Reply to
Dragon

Bill

Hi

I second the dragon saws guy.

I have bought a couple of blades from them - they seem to know there stuff and will advise on the best product.

Paul

Reply to
Paul M