Black Bostick

I have a couple of "rubber" strips loose on the car and 50 odd years ago would have used a tube of black bostick to stick them back. I cannot see such a product today. What can anyone recommend?

Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards

Isn't that the glue that was sold to stick replacement soles on well worn shoes?

Reply to
Adrian C

A 2 part rubber adhesive such as Bostik 2402, as used for rubber boats and wetsuits, would provide a waterproof permanent bond.

Cliff Coggin.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

Reply to
david

It is possible to get Black Silicone Sealant/Adhesive which might suit. Screwfix have half a dozen different types in their catalogue

Don

Reply to
Brassman

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I finally used "Evostick Serious Glue". It supposedly sticks to rubber and glass. The windscreen sealant was considered but it seemed a waste to get a tube considering the very small amount needed for my job. Silicones were dismissed as I have never had any success getting them to stick to modern car "rubbers". The "Serious Glue" appears to have worked well and I intend trying it on the Ducato rubber at the bottom of the windscreen. This lifts up at the corners and fills with muck.

Again thanks for the response.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards