Have a question or want to show off your project? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Dewhurst switch wiring diagram
September 10, 2006, 12:47 pm
rate this thread
Re: Dewhurst switch wiring diagram
one single phase motor convention is
A1 & A2 = run winding
Z1& Z2 = start winding including series capacitor.
This is used by Brook Motors and maybe others
According to the myford manual
The dewhurst switch has numbers1 to 8 on the switch contacts themselves and
1 to 8 on the connector block and these are not necessarily connected 1 to 1
through to 8 to 8. Very confusing
The numbers I give below relate to the switch contacts themselves NOT the
intermediate connector block.
NB I am quoting these from the manual - I do not use the dewhurst switch.
Line in (brown) =1
Neutral in (blue) =3
Start winding (z1)= 2
Start winding (z2)=6
Run winding (a1)=7
Run winding (a2)=5
4 & 8 not used
Dont forget the Earth
If the direction of rotation is incorrect, swap the wires to z1 & z2 OR A1 &
A2 NOT both.
- » iButton Leitungen sparen
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » ⏚ Electrical Engineering (German)
- » Berührschutzvorgaben missachtet - Rech tsgrundlagen/Folgen?
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » ⏚ Electrical Engineering (German)