Dewhurst switch wiring diagram

Can anyone help with a wiring diagram for a Dewhurst drum switch connected to a motor with A and Z connections. I am assuming A is the main winding and Z is the startup. Thank you

one single phase motor convention is
A1 & A2 = run winding
Z1& Z2 = start winding including series capacitor. This is used by Brook Motors and maybe others
According to the myford manual
The dewhurst switch has numbers1 to 8 on the switch contacts themselves and 1 to 8 on the connector block and these are not necessarily connected 1 to 1 through to 8 to 8. Very confusing
The numbers I give below relate to the switch contacts themselves NOT the intermediate connector block.
NB I am quoting these from the manual - I do not use the dewhurst switch.
Line in (brown) =1 Neutral in (blue) =3 Start winding (z1)= 2 Start winding (z2)=6 Run winding (a1)=7 Run winding (a2)=5
4 & 8 not used
Dont forget the Earth
If the direction of rotation is incorrect, swap the wires to z1 & z2 OR A1 & A2 NOT both.
HTH
Bob
DaveC wrote:

I have some Dewhurst info on the link below - hope this helps
http://uk.geocities.com/iron_museum/dewhurst
Steve