F.S Medium sized Lathe c/w Variable speed control

Hello all. To make way for other projects, I have a Lathe for sale. It's just the ideal size for a model engineer! It's a fairly old Tyzack & Son Lathe, which has been restored considerably. It's 14 inches between centres, and will hold work up to about 5 inches in diameter. The swing over the bed is much greater near the chuck (bed gap), allowing the 7 inch faceplate to be used. I have fitted a new 3 jaw chuck, and there is also a 4 jaw chuck which is older, but new in it's box. The chucks are 4 inch/100mm. I have fitted a new motor, plus Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) for full speed and torque control! This drive allows speed control on a rotary knob, plus it stops 'instantly' when you press the stop button. While we could argue the definition of 'instant' all day long, it stops very quickly, speeding up jobs which require lots of measuring. I have also fitted a new toolpost to the lathe, which will hold 2 tools at once, and up to 3/4 inch section tools. The Lathe has a belt drive, which allows 3 speeds to be selected. When used with the electronic speed control, this allows good speed & Torque combinations to be used. The torque control on the speed controller is very useful when tapping or drilling. No more broken tools!! The lathe also has a 'back gear' allowing speed to be reduced to 10% of it's normal speeds, which is good for tapping, and other slow jobs. The carriage is powered in both directions, using the classic tumbler arrangement. I have also fitted a new tailstock chuck, which has a morse taper no.1 fitting. The tailstock Chuck is 13mm. I have a full set of changewheels for this machine, but I know very little about how to select them! Someone with some screw-cutting experience could no-doubt make sense if it all! The Lathe sits on a pedestal/stand, but could be bench mounted fairly easily. I have numerous tools which will be included with the lathe, plus some centres, materials e.t.c. Overall, the lathe is very capable, and would suit a beginner, or a fairly advanced metal-turner. It has certainly lasted me well enough to lead me onto a much bigger machine. The only thing which the machine really lacks is coolant. The tray has a drain hole in it, so coolant could easily be rigged up. Asking price £200, which would just about cover the cost of the Variable speed drive & Motor! A Mitutoyo Metric Dial Test indicator with Kennedy base is available Separately.. Any other questions, or for photographs, mail me directly, removing NO.SPAM from my address. Thanks for reading. Location is Peterborough, and the Machine can be transported in an Estate car. (Delivery could be arranged at small cost.) Joe Landy.

Reply to
Joe landy

Machine now sold and delivered. Thanks for the interest, I received several e-mails from eager engineers! Got lots more space in my workshop to expand the other side of my business (electronic circuit assemblies, & cut length cables c/w crimped ends). Cheers. Joe.

considerably.

Reply to
Joe landy