Heating a workshop/garage

I don't - below zero I don't bother, above that I get loads of layers on, then remove then as the temp rises...

I have a humidier sized for a three bedroom house - but its useless at the temperatures you need it to work at and consumes huge electricity

One trick I learned years ago was to put down carpet in the places where you typically spend time standing (eg lathe and mill), it's warmer on your feet, and makes the standing easier too.

Reply to
Steve

Just a bit of a warning with regards to these gas bottles, not the safety but the pong....

Gas has almost no smell, so for safety in case of leaks the manufacturers add a strong smell to the gas. I have just been cutting the openings in bottle inside my workshop/garage. The smell gets ever where and really lingers. One it gets in your nose it sticks for many hours. The only way to get rid of it from the bottle, is to burn it out. Do the cutting outside, at least to the point where you can light a fire inside to burn it out. Don't leave the opened bottle indoors, at least until the smell has been burned out.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

No need to burn it out. I haven't tried it but it has been mentioned on rec.crafts.metalworking numerous times to put a bleach solution IIRC in the bottle and leave it to stand for a week or so. I expect a post there or a brief search would turn up the specific advice.

Reply to
David Billington

is THE website (afaik) for waste oil burners. Check out the forums.

Reply to
bigegg