Help please?

I have a Bernzomatic brazing / soldering set-up, comprising two small gas cylinders, one is propane, the other oxygen. These feed a small brazing / soldering torch. My problem is my high street supplier, Halford's, have stopped supplying the oxygen cylinders, saying it is due to some regulations or whatever. But they still sell the propane! Does anyone know where I can obtain Bernzomatic oxgen cylinders or perhaps another type that I could use? (As Bernzomatic oxgen cylinders only contain 1 cu ft of gas, an alternative may have more capacity). Any assistance would be greatly appeciated. Please reply soon.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Theo, last time I was in a B&Q warehouse they stocked the Benzomatic cylinders in propane, MAPP and oxygen; I haven't seen it in the smaller stores and they don't sell it on line either. Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

Thanks Martin, I checked with my local B&Q warehouse (near Mansfield), they didn't stock the oxygen, but I did get a cylinder of MAPP gas from Halfords. This, plus a new Bernzomatic MAPP torch from B&Q, has termporarily solved my problem. The MAPP gas flame is much hotter than Propane, and even without mixing it with oxygen, it heats the work piece up to brazing temperature. I think I will stock up on MAPP gas, in case they decide to stop selling this as well! Thanks again.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Many plumbers' merchants stock MAPP gas canisters.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech