Is 3/4 BSC...same as 3/4 UNF ...bar the peaks

IS ...3/4 BSC...same as 3/4 UNF ...bar the peaks

I'm making a remote oil filter housing for my waste oil heater project ...

The only oil filters I could get cheap have a 3./4 UNF thread in them ...=A31.10 each

The filter housing I will then tap out with this 3/4 BSC tap ...it's the nearest I've got .

AFTER... Will cut up 3/4 UNF bolt and drill down the middle to use as the the centre adaptor in the oil filter housing.

This adaptor will be screwed into the tapped 3/4 BSC hole ... Can any one see any problems ...

As as far as I can make out 3/4 UNF is the same ....but has square peaks on the threads ...instead of round .......they are chopped short ...if you know what I mean ...

Can anyone think of any problems I'm likely to encounter ....before i go ahead with this.

Oil filter will only be subject to 5 psi max and will only pass 6 litres an hour max with the pump I have. tapped BSC thread will end in a 1/4 inch or so hole that goes off at

90 degrees and exits the housing.

other hole will be similar but suitably placed within the boundaries of the rubber o-ring

All the best...mark

Reply to
mark

3/4" BSC is 26 TPI 3/4" UNF is 16 TPI

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Then there's something wrong somewhere ..

.=2E.http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v190/aboard_epsilon/?action=3Dview&current=3DSIDEBYSIDE.jpg

clearly marked 3/4 bsc

all the best.mark

Reply to
mark

Yup, sure is. All standard BSC threads are 26 tpi.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

just looked at it closer ...after the "C" in very faint is "onduit"

so reads 3/4 BSConduit

anyhows ...will it be ok ..

all the best.mark

Reply to
mark

at:-

quoted text -

BS Conduit 3/4" x 16 tpi Whitworth form so the angles will be slightly different but as the filters are mass produced, probably by rolling, I would imagine you wouldn't notice the difference.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

te:

fferent but as

ouldn't notice

thankyou john

you got the wrong end of the bolt though ....

cut down and hollowed out unf bolt would be going into bsconduit tapped thread in remote filter housing...

All the best.mark

Reply to
mark

at:-

text -

at:-

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

different but as

u wouldn't notice

well if it screws in tight ...it wont be coming out again anyhows ... so subject closed .. all the best.mark

Reply to
mark