Micro drill adaptor

I've been looking through the latest ArcEuro catalogue which came with Model Engineer and noticed that they have recently introduced a reasonably priced micro drill adaptor:

could reduce the breakage of small drills as the feed is under fingertip control.

Has anyone tried one?

Alan

Reply to
Alan Dawes

Whatever you decide once you get it here's a useful modification for ya:

--I'm sure there's a way to shorten that URL but... ;-)

Reply to
steamer

Here's a different way of doing that:

... if you are a billionaire :)

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Yes, very good and so did the first 300 people who saw the advert as they have sold out. If you are desperate Myfords sell a similar model for =A3187

John S.

Reply to
John S

Or try

pentagrid

--That's highway robbery! Here's a link to cheaper ones if you don't mind 'imported'..

steamer

replying to Alan Dawes, Luscoj wrote: Alan. I bought one at the weekend, I have just rang ARC as I could not figure how it works. They explained that the micro adjustment is not controlled by a screw thread but just by pushing or pulling on the knurled wheel against the springed shaft. In other words it is not controlled by a micro thread just a manual push or pull. I will experiment further.

Reply to
Luscoj

Thanks for that, but later that year - 2011 - I spoke to Ketan at Arc-Euro and bought one. Although I've not used it a lot it is very useful when using small drills I don't want to break.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Dawes