Midlands Exhibition

Some excellent models and well worth a punt just for those, ESPECIALLY THE FULL-SIZE "MECCANO" CAR made for the 150 th birthday of Frank Hornboy.

Meccano? Well, the flat strips are 6" wide and not 1/2 " !!!!

Show as a whole was marred by the absence of both Chronos and ArcEuroTrade.

Reply to
gareth

A couple of years ago I could travel across the country to the show & arrive to a good breakfast Bacon & Egg roll then a good lunch before the return journey. Not any more it seems, VERY poor catering Plus a much smaller show with traders hiring much smaller stand space plus the missing traders. Please go back to the way it started when first moved to Leamington Spa. If no improvements offered for next year, I know six of us who will not be prepared to make the journey!!!!!

Some excellent models and well worth a punt just for those, ESPECIALLY THE FULL-SIZE "MECCANO" CAR made for the 150 th birthday of Frank Hornboy.

Meccano? Well, the flat strips are 6" wide and not 1/2 " !!!!

Show as a whole was marred by the absence of both Chronos and ArcEuroTrade.

Reply to
Salamanda

I'm not surprised there were not many traders because the cost of exhibitin g is steep and there there is not so much money about.

About 5 years ago a trader I know said it was costing £2,000.00 to have a double stand at the Ally Pally show. Which is a lot of money to find befor e the stand has been stocked and staff paid.

John H

Reply to
John H

Actually, I thought the catering was brilliant, especially the quality of the beef in the snake & pigmy pie.

But one of the traders up from Devon way was complaining about the cost of having a stand and saying they won't be coming again.

Reply to
gareth

Tracy?

Reply to