Minor page update

--Direct links to changed pages here:

--I'd be grateful if any of you lot could help me fill in a few remaining blanks and help replace a few dead links with live ones..

Reply to
steamer

| I found this old thing in a drawer and finally took some photos of | it. It's an automatic threading whatchacallit for a bigger lathe than | I currently own.

Isn't it called "quick retract thread cutting device"?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

--Yes, but what I'd like to do is find the original manufacturer, or alternately see if there's anything similar out there made to a more manageable scale; this one's a wee bit huge for my Myford. --PS would have replied sooner but my ISP has switched to a newer version of tin and it's been a real PITA to get it working right. When trying to post this follow-up I keep getting this message: ----- Warning: Posting is in ISO-8859-15 and contains characters which are not in your selected MM_NETWORK_CHARSET: US-ASCII. These characters will be replaced by '?' if you post this article unchanged. ----- -- "Steamboat Ed" Haas : Whatever happened Hacking the Trailing Edge! : to Tom Nelson?

---Decks a-wash in a sea of words---

Reply to
steamer

Ed

See

They produce castings and plans for two devices: a retracting toolholder which can be clamped in a lathe toolpost and carries a springloaded threading tool which can be withdrawn under spring power at the end of a threading traverse or a spring-loaded Myford topslide which may be operated in the same manner. I have made the latter and find it extremely useful.

The Myford topslide mod was designed by the legendary and late- lamented George Thomas (the other 'Saint George') and is fully described and drawn in his book 'The Model Engineer's Manual' - available from Hemingway for about £25. (If you should need further help or information, e-mail me)

--

Chris Edwards (in deepest Dorset) ..."There must be an easier way...!"

Reply to
christopher