Myford Emporium of Barnsley

Anyone had any dealings with this Co. or its principal Richard Woodhead?

thanks

Reply to
Roland Craven

Only to be amused at the fantastical pricing of some of his fleaBay offerings.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Shute

I doubt anyone is tempted by this Raglan Ebay item160533741999. In case anyone is, be advised of the following; It was sold by me on Ebay to "parcelsafe" for £350. This charmer took 3 weeks to pay and 7 weeks to collect. This ID is not a business seller and has private feedback. It is one Richard Woodward of Pontefract. By a quirk of coincidence it turned up, bereft of all but the 3 jaw, a few days after delivery to "parcelsafe" on Ebay seller "myford-emporium" of Barnsley. The principal of that Co. (according to Cos. House) is also a Richard Woodward. It has been asserted to me that the two RWs are one and the same. The Raglan is 3 phase. The serial number is 4503 which I believe dates to

1964 -- Roland Craven Nr. Exeter, Devon, UK snipped-for-privacy@petternut.co.uk
Roland Craven

Despite his assertion in the listing that they 'sell lots of machines' on fleabay, a glance at his feedback suggests otherwise. Various odds & ends, but no machines as far as I could be bothered to check, the pricing of his S&B Mdl A is fanciful.

I remarked to a Yorkshireman friend of mine that a different individual from Barnsley was a 'bit of a chancer'.

He responded that it was a tautology to say so. There may be some good'uns, but they're thin on the ground.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Shute

I have had many a dealing with this company and I can assure you they are the best I have ever used, they have extensive knowledge, and a very good and reliable aftersales service.

I have to say I am dissapointed with your thread and the other Gentleman you you have been writing with as he has obviously never been to them either. You say the principle is a Richard Woodhead or Woodward, This is not the case as I have proof you have the totally wrong man. I think you should stop spreading these lies as it could lead you into very hot water.

Reply to
andrew Palmer

I bought a lathe off them which was advertised on ebay, I called them to ask a few questions and then asked if I could buy it over the phone rather than going through ebay. Hence I could not leave feedback as it wasn't sold off there. This happens alot with the larger machinery so I am not surprised there isn't alot of feedback for the lathes they sell..

Reply to
andrew Palmer
  1. So you are admitting that he sells off-Ebay - interesting
  2. Its principal though I'm surprised you can spell principle.
  3. Changing the Companies house entry to a c/o address doesn't change the facts.
4.Ebay item 150569384570 is demonstrably my ex Raglan (unless you are prepared to go to the lengths of grinding off the serial number!). The facts are that this lathe was sold to Richard Woodward who spent ages telling my wife how he was planning to use it to make floats. Within one day of it being delivered it was advertised for sale by Myford Emporium. Why all the lies. I really don't give a damn that it went to a dealer.

cheers Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

Have you visited here quite recently?

It would appear to many that you have.

Reply to
The Other Mike

I bet Roland is quaking in his boots. I don't think!

Cliff Coggin.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

responding to

O&AMachinery wrote: Gents,

We've just a bad experience transacting with Myford Emporium as well. He agreed to supply us 4 machines for £13,000 and on the day only delivered

  1. We are now going to pursue him for outstanding £3,000.00 he owes us or the 12ft lathe.

But - there is a common theme here.....the lies and constantly moving the goal posts.

There is just no need for it.

Oh well, i guess we all have to learn from our bad experiences.

But just be aware......comes across as a really nice chap, but once he had our money off us up front, it became extremely hard work dealing with him. We ended up waiting nearly 5 months to get our machines from him.....all sorts of delays....including using the weather as an excuse, to an 18ft lathe coming off the back of a lorry.....we heard them all!!

Regards

Reply to
O&AMachinery

Might now be: lathes-r-us on Ebay.

Reply to
Roland Craven

responding to

a1pepper wrote: I agree with everything Andrew has said. I have nothing but exemplory customer service from Oliver at the Myford Emporium in Barnesly - there is no one tehre called Richard...perhaps the dog?

I have just got back my Tri-leva which has had a new bed and numerous other bits attended to to bring it back to top condition and the price was so reasonable I actually paid more as I thought he was undercharging me. It is great that we still have decent small businesses left in this country and I think it is awful that there are people about who publish such tosh on the internet.

Anyone thinking of using Oliver in the future cannot go wrong and do not believe the rubbish posted on this decent company.

andrew Palmer wrote:

Reply to
a1pepper

On Sat, 14 May 2011 10:51:08 +0000, rebeccacaswell_at_talktalk_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (a1pepper) made up a load of tosh:

Do you pay over the odds for your socks too or do they come free of charge with every underpriced machine tool?

Reply to
The Other Mike

Myford takes legal action

Company Statement released 12 May 2011

Legal action taken

Within the past few weeks it has been necessary for Myford Limited to take legal action against Myford-Emporium Limited.

Myford-Emporium has been passing itself off as being connected with or approved by Myford, offering used Myford lathes for sale supported with new spares and accessories that are NOT genuine Myford products.

The illegal use of the Myford name has convinced many that Myford- Emporium was part of the Myford Company and that it acted with our approval and as an extension of our business.

This was never the case and legal action was necessary to stop them. We are pleased to report that the Myford-Emporium website has been taken down and the premises at Unit 10a, Carlton Industrial Estate, Albion Road, Carlton, Barnsley S71 3HW closed down.

Mrs. Michelle Woodward, director, and others involved with Myford- Emporium Ltd have, to date, failed to reply to communications from Myford Limited or its solicitor.

Companies House will supply details of shareholders and directors of UK limited companies for those needing to get in touch with them.

The Office of Fair Trading will also assist.

Myford Limited

Reply to
John S

[...]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- While checking that the defunct website actually has disappeared I found another Myford Emporium Limited in Wolverhampton, however it appears to have no assets, no accounts and no directors. Keepers Lane Wolverhampton West Midlands WV6 8UA

Cliff Coggin.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin