Old Bearing Cross References

Can anyone point me to a source of ball & roller bearing cross references? They must be online somewhere but it's beaten me. I've got some old specs and want to know the modern part number. The one that's really foxed me is NJ55

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles

perhaps ikts made by NJ bearings ..and its the 55 series .

all the best.markj

Reply to
mark

Thanks Mark but the NJ 55 moniker is a Ransomes and Marles number

Charles

Reply to
Charles

Single row cylindrical roller bearing with a single flange on the inner ring (allowing some axial location in one direction only) with a 55mm bore Usually made by SKF can have 90,100,120 or 140 OD depending on the roller size. I believe still available.

ttfn

Thanks Mark but the NJ 55 moniker is a Ransomes and Marles number

Charles

Reply to
Alistair Ross

Have you tried asking them? Much to my surprise they still exist or appear to They claim to be helpful!

Henry

Reply to
Dragon

I believe Ketan at ArcEuroTrade is a bearing expert, might be worth asking him.

Reply to
pcb1962

Hi Charles,

So far, it has me foxed too. Normally, NJ is bearing language for cylindrical roller bearings, and I can see this in the RHP old catalogue. When R&M, H & P joined to form RHP, they produced a cross reference catalogue, in which, I see no cross reference to R&M using NJ designation. I can see NLJ, NMJ..55, from R&M, but their cross references are for double row self-aligning ball bearings 1211 and

1311 Can you advise if the said bearing is a cylindrical roller bearing, double row self aligning ball bearing, id x od x width?, and what marks appear on the bearing?

Ketan

Reply to
Ketan Swali

Ketan

The part number has been taken from literature, not the item since I've yet to do the dismantling. When I've got it in bits and can view the bearing (it's a cylindrical roller) I'll give you a call

Many thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles P

Ransome & Marles were subsumed into RHP around 40 years ago, and RHP was taken over by the Japanese company NSK in the early 90's (they still manufacture in the UK). I'd be very surprised if Ransome & Marles were actually making anything, but many of the old imperial sizes are still made in China, etc. I've nothing against R&M, but when you have a full ID of the bearing it would be worth googling.

Reply to
newshound