PG11 thin nuts

Does anyone know a source of PG11 thin nuts - preferably brass but beggars can't be choosers ! If I have to buy some small fittings with nuts on them then that's ok if only I could find some.

I need two to retain two German Flutec flow valves on a panel and they've gone and used the old panzer threads - argh !!!!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

PG threads are pretty standard on things like Legrand and Sarel cabinet/gland fittings, your electrical wholesaler should keep them, maybe RS as well.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

cabinet/gland

Sadly both RS and Farnell have them listed but 'no longer stocked' - last time I needed some I drew a blank at the usual Electrical suppliers. I have however just experimented single pointing one - PG is a wierd thread angle but I've just made one using a 60 deg tool which is an ok'ish fit - wouldn't want to trust my life to it though

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

PG is 80 degrees thread angle Good spec sheet here.

.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Andrew,

Strange RS don't have them as I've just bought a load from them through my company for a job !

Reply to
campingstoveman

They still have Nylon gland nuts, but if Andrew needs something stronger then steel or brass would be preferable, and they aren't listed.

PG threads are generally female for cable glands etc to fit into, they are not a gland size per se for panels etc, which is probably why you don't see many locknuts.

I'll ask our local wholesaler rep on Monday if he has any kicking around.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

I've just got steel ones and PG blanks for control cabinets.

Reply to
campingstoveman

-- Steve Larne

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Steve Larner's Profile:

this thread:

Steve Larner

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I do work for Farnell, but I'm not recommending them in an official capacity.

Reply to
bigegg

Odd - my search came up with:

Which says no longer stocked

Never mind - I've made them now !!!!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I did a search for "pg11 locknuts"

I've had a bit more practice than most tho... :.))

Reply to
bigegg