Questions about adcok & shippley 1ES vertical head

Hello,

I have an old 1ES Adcock and Shipley milling machine with a vertical head.

I have the documentation of the mill but nothing about the head.

I have few questions about it : First of all, what is the correct lubrificant for the head ? Oil or Grease. It seems to be grease but i am not sure.

Second, theire is a blind hole on the face of the head, just under the hole of the (oil or grease) nipple. What is it for ???

[IMG]

thank's a lot for your advices, an adcock and shippley milling machine is not common in normandy !

Reply to
capflamme

Tony Griffiths at

will happily sell you a manual

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Hello Andrew,

Thank's for your advice but as i have mentionned above, i already have the manual of the mill. The veritcal head is an option and no details are given in the manual.

Capflamme.

Reply to
capflamme