Set of imperial allen keys: Recommendation sought

I'm wanting to get a set of imperial allen keys, from really small size (not sure what is the smallest size) to say 1/4". (I have a motor and I've not got an allen key small enough for the allen screw on it.)

I want a decent quality set. Can you recommend a particular set or maker? Thanks.

Reply to
Richard

Well, I see lots of Draper sets on Ebay. I see some start at 1/16". I'd guess mostly I would not need anything less than 1/16".

Maybe Sealey "Siegen 30" would do.

Long Arm; 0.028?, 0.035?, 0.050?, 1/16?, 5/64?, 3/32?, 7/64?, 1/8?,

9/64?, 5/32?, 3/16?, 7/32?, 1/4?, 5/16?, 3/8? Short Arm; 0.7, 0.9, 1.3, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6, 7, 8, 10mm
Reply to
Richard

"Unbrako" always used to me the make to have, and seemed to stand more abuse than most

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Faithfull 30 Piece Metric/A/F Hexagon Key Set - Mixed Should be under a tenner. I've got a set on the shelf for the difficult sizes. But I've set set of T bar imperial and metric for 'every day' use ...

Reply to
Lester Caine

I'd second that. I've got a set of Unbrako's that I got from my grandfather, they must be easily 70 years old and are still fine. As a second choice go for Allen.

You can often get them either as singles or as sets on fleabay

Richard

Reply to
Richard Shute

I like the Eklind ones, they do standard "L" keys as well as several "T" handle ones. J&L sell them. Smallest in a set looks like 0.050 but the individuals go down to 0.028"

Jason

Reply to
jasonballamy

If you only want small ones, they're about 30p each - get in touch and I'll point you in the right direction (for some sizes at least)

Reply to
steamer

--Still seems weird to see my name and not have it be my name! :-)

Reply to
steamer