Siemans Sinumerik 810 controller problem

Might be off topic for this group, but was wondering if there is anyone on the group familiar with alarm messages for above CNC conroller ?

We have an EMCO Turn 342 CNC lathe and cant seem to get rid of an alarm message which is:

1040 ORD2 X Clamping Monitoring on X axis.

We have searched various sites, manuals etc, but still seem to be stuck with the problem. Even contacted Siemans in Manchester who are looking in to it, but are not familiar with the problem.

A bank of LED's in the back cabinet on the left, shows all green lights apart from the last one on the bottom, that shows red.

This may be a clue to those in the know?

Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Never seen one, never worked on one, but a pound to a penny says there is either a micro switch or proximity sensor used as feed back for the axis clamp to report it's status, and it's possibly out of adjustment, broken wire, or of course the input card that receives the signal may be faulty.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Thanks I thought the same, but cant seem to find anything. I will just have to wait and see what Siemens can find. I need to identify a "box of tricks", some sort of sequencer I think, any objection to me sending a photo or 2 to you direct ? Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Absolutely no problem Bob

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I think these are a lant bed lathe?

This has probably got something to do with the brake on the X axis that stops it falling under its own weight when powered off.

Usually these brakes are integral with the servo motor.

Wayne..

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

Thanks Wayne We did take the cover off the servo, but didnt see anything obviously wrong, but we are no experts.......... Bob

Reply to
Emimec

We've only got two lathes left with Sinumeric controllers, one 2mx5m 30 tonne Ravensburg and one 5mx10m 80 tonne Waldrich Siegen one 810, upgraded last year to 840 and one 840, so not quite comparable any more.

All but 5 of our 15 Sinumeric controlled milling machines have gone, plus all the old AB faithfuls (B****y F*****g French). I can ask the Millwrights if the error rings a bell, but I suspect that Wayne might have got it.

Regards

Reply to
Mark Rand

Many thanks, and yes please. The Siemans website and help desk is an absolute nightmare. I have no objection paying a technician if only I could find one !!, until then, open to all suggestions (how do machines seem to "know" your busy and need the dam things to work, and not start acting up !! ) Bob

Reply to
Emimec