source for very small spur gears

I'm trying to find a source of small spur gears:

Module 0.25 and Module 0.5, teeth counts from around 12 to 40. (yes, they are small!). Worm and wheel sets in 0.25 would be useful too.

I only need a small quantity of any individual size, so a maker who normally sells them by the ten-thousand isn't much help.

UK/EU supply desirable, though don't really care where - they can come airmail.

Any clues ? I've tried quite a few hours of Googling and come up with nothing useful.

Reply to
NC

Have you tried the usual sources such as

They start at 0.25 module in Brass, Steel, Delrin etc

Ian Phillips

Reply to
Ian Phillips

No, I hadn't met them before. Thanks. I'll fill in an enquiry form - they can tell me to "jump in the river" if my enquiry is too small for their interest.

Their website suggests they can do the spur gears, but the worm/wheel sets only go down to 0.4.

Reply to
NC

Try here for your spur gears, according to my cat they go as small as .15 mod, however worm wheel sets go only down to .5 mod, but my cat may be out of date. Worth an inquiry..

HTH Tom

Reply to
Tom

HPC seem to have a pretty relaxed attitude to small orders - they take credit cards over the 'phone for immediate dispatch of stock items.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Try

My catalogue shows pinions from 0.2 to 0.5 module but only worms between

0.4 and 0.5mod.

hth

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I used to deal with Davall Gear Co in Welwyn some years back, they had a stock catalogue (which included timing belts and gears BTW)

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Davall stock gears are high volume suppliers, but they stock SDP/SI drive components.

the SDP/SI handbook of metric drive components lists most of what you want.

Davall, Tel 01707283131.

it might be worth looking at

The handbook as well as being a product catalogue is a really good source of information on gears.

-- Jonathan

Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device there is a fool greater than the proof.

To reply remove AT

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes

Davall have a web site.

They are located in Welham Green, near Hatfield

Regards Henry

-- Remove the 'bait' from the 'trap' to catch the Dragon Leave the trap.

Reply to
Dragon

Thanks Henry, and everyone else who replied to the thread.

I'd found Davall before (they don't list what I want as standard, but could make it), but some of the other leads are new and I'll chase them up.

- Nigel

Reply to
NC