"The Modern Pneumatic Airgun" by H.M. Buckley

Threaded View
I ran across the subject title today and wonder if one of you gents had
contact information on this that you could provide.

From what I understand, the gent self publishes a book on diy air rifle
construction and will ship to the states.

Thanks,

Wes

Re: "The Modern Pneumatic Airgun" by H.M. Buckley

Wes -

Try Google - it came up with a couple of refs including:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=543161

Regards,
Tony

Re: "The Modern Pneumatic Airgun" by H.M. Buckley

  That link is funny.

  The weenies from RCgroups list anyone not registered with them, as
"Guest".

  Think they invented newsgroups, right after Al Gore invented the internet?

  Frikken' grief!

  Morons!

  Cheers
   Trevor Jones

Re: "The Modern Pneumatic Airgun" by H.M. Buckley

I find that behaviour quite offensive. I am _not_ a guest on their commercial
forum and I object to the commercial re-posting of my (copyright)
contributions in a form other than the one they were originally packaged in
:-|

Mark Rand
RTFM

Re: "The Modern Pneumatic Airgun" by H.M. Buckley
On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 19:07:07 +0000, Mark Rand

Sue the bastards...

Regards,
Tony

Re: "The Modern Pneumatic Airgun" by H.M. Buckley

  Naw! Swear a lot, and act like a cretin. Maybe they will ban you! :-)))

  Or at least you can be amused by the whingeing of someone that thought
they were getting the internet, without the free speech.

  Cheers
   Trevor Jones
  (not actually a guest of RC Groups.com/.co.uk whatever. They just
recycle this stuff off Usenet, where it's free)

Re: "The Modern Pneumatic Airgun" by H.M. Buckley

Normal behaviour for UK-RME then? <G>

Regards,
Tony

Re: "The Modern Pneumatic Airgun" by H.M. Buckley

  Naw, this place is pretty civil.

  Really!

  The lynchings that happen here, use puntuation, and usually pretty
good spelling. Most even know how to find the shift key and spacebar.

  It's kind of funny to see some poor milquetoast whingeing that the
language is offending him, and that it should cease immediately, lest
the suplicant be moved to complain to someone else!

  Cheers
   Trevor Jones

Re: "The Modern Pneumatic Airgun" by H.M. Buckley
  I REALLY gotta stop and read through my posts before I send them off...:-)

  Cheers
   Trevor Jones

  (who really can use both punctuation and supplicant, in a sentence)
   (but canna spel so grate with loe cawfie contant)

Re: "The Modern Pneumatic Airgun" by H.M. Buckley

I had assumed that it was deliberate :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM

Re: "The Modern Pneumatic Airgun" by H.M. Buckley

Hi Mark, this comment of yours stuck in my mind for some reason. I
have been having trouble with Google groups not always displaying all
replies and have taken to occaisionally checking on rc groups to see
if I've missed any pearls, particularly like now when things seem
quiet. I know I should use a news reader but I'm lazy I guess. Anyway,
I've noticed that they, like Google, also miss replies on occaision;
Dr G's question on ER25 run out is an example, I don't see any replies
to his question on rc groups. So, what is the selection process and
why do these "groups" miss replys? If we understand that you could
make sure you were "filtered out". I'm afraid I don't understand
enough about how this all works to even guess at what is going on.

I guess I must be on some sort of black list as several of my posts
have been filtered out, obviously too long or too stupid. I'm not
complaining mind you just interested in why they don't pick up all
posts?

Keith

Re: "The Modern Pneumatic Airgun" by H.M. Buckley

  Check on practicalmachinist.com.

  Look in the Gunsmithing sub-forum, contact info is there in a post
about airgun blueprints.

  He has a Hotmail address and there is contact info for his work
address there as well.

  I have dealt with him via the Hotmail addy, and it was a delayed
result. Apparently he spends rather more time in the shop, and less on
the computer, and does not get to his emails more than a couple times a
week.

  A couple UK booksources are mentioned in the posts there as well.

  Cheers
   Trevor Jones

Re: "The Modern Pneumatic Airgun" by H.M. Buckley

Howard Buckley is very slow at responding to emails, he has also had a
major computer crash recently so it is a matter of waiting for a
reply. The book is good with all drawings for a pre charged rifle
along with build notes, you will need a Myford size lathe and some
milling kit, with all normal workshop kit to build, one.
Good luck
Peter

Re: "The Modern Pneumatic Airgun" by H.M. Buckley

Thanks all for the information.

Wes

Re: "The Modern Pneumatic Airgun" by H.M. Buckley

I would like to buy "The Modern Pneumatic Airgun" author Howard Mar
Buckley, anyone willing to tell me where you can buy?
Thanks,
llpj

--
llpj
llpjs's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=18567

Re: "The Modern Pneumatic Airgun" by H.M. Buckley

No idea; you could try emailing www.gunbooks.co.uk, they'd know.

hth
Guy

Re: "The Modern Pneumatic Airgun" by H.M. Buckley

Heard of google?

www.portlandbill.com/misc/airgun.pdf

Maybe the address in this link is no good

--

Re: "The Modern Pneumatic Airgun" by H.M. Buckley

I have a feeling I've recently seen an ad' for this from Camden Steam
Minatures.

However it's very dangerous to deal with these people. One modest
purchase, you think you can handle it, but before you know it they've
got you hooked. Loads of money later, and trouble with the domestic
authorities and all the rest.....

Joking aside, great booklist and efficient to deal with. Most of their
list isn't readily available elsewhere,.

Hywel

Re: "The Modern Pneumatic Airgun" by H.M. Buckley

  Direct (but slow) contact with the author can be made via
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

  Good book. Worth the cost!

  Cheers
   Trevor Jones