"The Modern Pneumatic Airgun" by H.M. Buckley

I ran across the subject title today and wonder if one of you gents had contact information on this that you could provide.
From what I understand, the gent self publishes a book on diy air rifle
construction and will ship to the states.
Thanks,
Wes

Wes -
Try Google - it came up with a couple of refs including:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?tT3161
Regards, Tony
Tony Jeffree wrote:

That link is funny.
The weenies from RCgroups list anyone not registered with them, as "Guest".
Think they invented newsgroups, right after Al Gore invented the internet?
Frikken' grief!
Morons!
Cheers Trevor Jones

I find that behaviour quite offensive. I am _not_ a guest on their commercial forum and I object to the commercial re-posting of my (copyright) contributions in a form other than the one they were originally packaged in :-|
Mark Rand RTFM
On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 19:07:07 +0000, Mark Rand

Sue the bastards...
Regards, Tony
Tony Jeffree wrote:

Naw! Swear a lot, and act like a cretin. Maybe they will ban you! :-)))
Or at least you can be amused by the whingeing of someone that thought they were getting the internet, without the free speech.
Cheers Trevor Jones (not actually a guest of RC Groups.com/.co.uk whatever. They just recycle this stuff off Usenet, where it's free)

Normal behaviour for UK-RME then? <G>
Regards, Tony
Tony Jeffree wrote:

Naw, this place is pretty civil.
Really!
The lynchings that happen here, use puntuation, and usually pretty good spelling. Most even know how to find the shift key and spacebar.
It's kind of funny to see some poor milquetoast whingeing that the language is offending him, and that it should cease immediately, lest the suplicant be moved to complain to someone else!
Cheers Trevor Jones
Trevor Jones wrote:

I REALLY gotta stop and read through my posts before I send them off...:-)
Cheers Trevor Jones
(who really can use both punctuation and supplicant, in a sentence) (but canna spel so grate with loe cawfie contant)

I had assumed that it was deliberate :-)
Mark Rand RTFM

Hi Mark, this comment of yours stuck in my mind for some reason. I have been having trouble with Google groups not always displaying all replies and have taken to occaisionally checking on rc groups to see if I've missed any pearls, particularly like now when things seem quiet. I know I should use a news reader but I'm lazy I guess. Anyway, I've noticed that they, like Google, also miss replies on occaision; Dr G's question on ER25 run out is an example, I don't see any replies to his question on rc groups. So, what is the selection process and why do these "groups" miss replys? If we understand that you could make sure you were "filtered out". I'm afraid I don't understand enough about how this all works to even guess at what is going on.
I guess I must be on some sort of black list as several of my posts have been filtered out, obviously too long or too stupid. I'm not complaining mind you just interested in why they don't pick up all posts?
Keith
Wes wrote:

Check on practicalmachinist.com.
Look in the Gunsmithing sub-forum, contact info is there in a post about airgun blueprints.
He has a Hotmail address and there is contact info for his work address there as well.
I have dealt with him via the Hotmail addy, and it was a delayed result. Apparently he spends rather more time in the shop, and less on the computer, and does not get to his emails more than a couple times a week.
A couple UK booksources are mentioned in the posts there as well.
Cheers Trevor Jones

Howard Buckley is very slow at responding to emails, he has also had a major computer crash recently so it is a matter of waiting for a reply. The book is good with all drawings for a pre charged rifle along with build notes, you will need a Myford size lathe and some milling kit, with all normal workshop kit to build, one. Good luck Peter
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Thanks all for the information.
Wes
Wes Wrote:

I would like to buy "The Modern Pneumatic Airgun" author Howard Mar Buckley, anyone willing to tell me where you can buy? Thanks, llpj
-- llpj ----------------------------------------------------------------------- llpjs's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u 567 View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?tv835
llpjs wrote:

No idea; you could try emailing www.gunbooks.co.uk, they'd know.
hth Guy

Heard of google?
www.portlandbill.com/misc/airgun.pdf
Maybe the address in this link is no good

I have a feeling I've recently seen an ad' for this from Camden Steam Minatures.
However it's very dangerous to deal with these people. One modest purchase, you think you can handle it, but before you know it they've got you hooked. Loads of money later, and trouble with the domestic authorities and all the rest.....
Joking aside, great booklist and efficient to deal with. Most of their list isn't readily available elsewhere,.
Hywel
hyweldavies wrote:

Direct (but slow) contact with the author can be made via snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
Good book. Worth the cost!