Blue Smoke from PVC

The extusion operators have been complaining of headaches from inhaling blue smoke that comes off PVC extrudate between the die and vacuum tank. I know that PVC gives off HCL gas when it is burnt but, there are no signs of the pvc degrading. I'm assuming the blue smoke is coming from additives ie, plastiziers, colorants, UV inhibitors, or flame retardents. Are there any extruders that experienced the same thing and how did you discover the source and solve this problem?

Reply to
Brice Wu

A discharge end vent. All of my machines have them.

Reply to
L Alpert

problem?

Reply to
Bill

As well, the radiation stable grades are inherently more offensive....

Reply to
L Alpert