Assembly drawing BOM quantity listed in a note??

Wildfire 3.0, M130

I am creating an assembly drawing, the BOM is on sheet 1 with assembly views. Sheet 2 has item #1, sheet 3 has item #2, etc.....

I would like the quantity to show in a note on each sheet, i.e.

NOTES:

  1. QUANTITY: 3
  2. MATERIAL: STEEL 1008

I tried &rpt.qty, it doesn't work. Customer support said it can't be done! I don't believe them!

User defined parameters will work, &material, will give me note 2.

Is there a way to create a user defined parameter in the .asm file to capture quantities of parts? then use that in a note?

Steve

Reply to
sws

Wildfire 3.0, M130

I am creating an assembly drawing, the BOM is on sheet 1 with assembly views. Sheet 2 has item #1, sheet 3 has item #2, etc.....

I would like the quantity to show in a note on each sheet, i.e.

NOTES: 1. QUANTITY: 3 2. MATERIAL: STEEL 1008

I tried &rpt.qty, it doesn't work. Customer support said it can't be done! I don't believe them!

User defined parameters will work, &material, will give me note 2.

Is there a way to create a user defined parameter in the .asm file to capture quantities of parts? then use that in a note?

Steve

I think what you're looking for is identifying each component by "session id". Something to look up in the Help. BTW, it's &rpt_qty (no period) when used in a parametric note.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes