Bolt hole circle on drawing

Threaded View
How can I have a bolt hole circle call out on a drawing?

Re: Bolt hole circle on drawing
Do you want to dimension a pitch circle diameter on a drawing?

If you have placed the holes radially, perhaps as a pattern, then you
can just show dimensions to see this. You can't create a dimension on
the radial centreline through these holes, if you want to use created
dimensions you'll have to make a daum curve / sketch throught the hole
axes and dimension to this.

You may wish to restate your question more clearly if this is not an
answer for the question you thought you asked.

Re: Bolt hole circle on drawing

I have problem with this as well, so let me add my question, maybe this
is what Brooke wanted to ask: How to make a pitch circle on a drawing,
maybe for having possibility to put a dimension on it, or just to show
that items are spaced on equal pitch?
Thanks
Konrad

Re: Bolt hole circle on drawing

Well, I agree with John Wade. The trick is to have a bolt circle hole =
pattern to call out. I also agree that there are more way to do it =
incorrectly than correctly and that you must start with a radially or =
diametrally placed hole which means you need something to measure the =
center of the radius/diameter from (an axis) and something to measure =
the angle from (a plane or planar surface). With a radial/diametral =
hole, you can pattern it by the angle. I think that's about all to =
achieve the bolt circle in the model.

To be able to call it out or 'show' it in the drawing, the detail file =
(.dtl) needs to have the bolt circle option enabled. Set=20
radial_pattern_axis_circle = yes which means it will show the radial =
axis and show the radial/diametral dimension on the axis circle. Also, =
with Show/Erase, you should get the initial angle and pattern angle and =
all the other hole properties. Nothing else will give you all this =
information with Show/Erase, although there are ways to fake in a radial =
pattern of holes.

For the most part I've just expanded on what John Wade said. But I'll =
skip my forte ~ the condemnation of illiterate brevity, the soul of =
witless blockheadedness. Thanks for taking a nice, polite crack at it =
John. I keep thinking a sledge hammer's needed; maybe yours is the =
better approach. The long and the short of it, ladies and germs: we have =
words, pictureless strings of words to describe VISUAL problems, aye, =
that's the rub, words to describe.... In particular, Brooke, you =
"question" would have made a nice section heading, introducintg the =
descriptive paragraphs to follow. But, as the description of a dilemma, =
what you were trying to accomplish, what you'd tried but failed to =
accomplish, why you thought doing it this way was a good idea, a glimmer =
of recognition that there might be better ways, the rev and build of =
PRo/e that you are using. In other words, any useful information at all =
was completely lacking in your "dissertation". My question is not about =
Pro/e at all; my question is about language and economics: are you =
paying, by the word, on this news service of yours? Who gave you =
instruction on asking questions on comp.cad.pro-engineer and did they =
emphasize asking short questions? To All: lurk in comp.cad.solidworks to =
learn how to ask intelligent questions, in this or any newsgroup; and to =
find out how to answer intelligently (or how to flame or how to dialogue =
or how to, generally, effectively use newsgroups). For instruction on =
using newsgroups, go to news.answers and news.newusers.questions: both =
have basic, introductory FAQs and experienced users who can discuss and =
answer questions of any complexity on usenet use.

David Janes

Site Timeline