can you rename a parameter?

Is it possible to rename a paramter in proe? Im not running intralink or any pdm but have alot of parameters to rename and existing relations in the models that I dont want to lose.

thanks, mark

Reply to
shredcini

Don't think so. You can create a new parameter, Show / Driving, reroute the references, then delete.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

yes its possiable to rename the parameter name ,without affecting its function

Reply to
kabsglobal

We'd certainly appreciate it if you'd be kind enough to tell us how. When I tried it, the parameter name is greyed out. Also, the help files, which say the following, seem to contradict you: Rules for Naming Parameters Consider the following rules for naming user parameters:

a.. User parameter names must begin with a letter if they are to be used in relations.

b.. You cannot use d#, kd#, rd#, tm#, tp#, or tpm# as user parameter names because they are reserved for use with dimensions.

c.. User parameter names cannot contain nonalphanumeric characters such as !, @, #, and $.

d.. You cannot change the name of a user parameter once it has been created.

I wonder if it wouldn't be possible, along the lines of Jeff's suggestion, to a copy a parameter with a new name. Maybe with Pro/TOOLKIT?

Reply to
David Janes

We'd certainly appreciate it if you'd be kind enough to tell us how. When I tried it, the parameter name is greyed out. Also, the help files, which say the following, seem to contradict you: Rules for Naming Parameters Consider the following rules for naming user parameters:

a.. User parameter names must begin with a letter if they are to be used in relations.

b.. You cannot use d#, kd#, rd#, tm#, tp#, or tpm# as user parameter names because they are reserved for use with dimensions.

c.. User parameter names cannot contain nonalphanumeric characters such as !, @, #, and $.

d.. You cannot change the name of a user parameter once it has been created.

I wonder if it wouldn't be possible, along the lines of Jeff's suggestion, to a copy a parameter with a new name. Maybe with Pro/TOOLKIT?

You are correct David. User-defined parameters CANNOT be renamed. And this is a longstanding problem with Pro/E. You can't even rename parameters in Layout(Pro/NOTEBOOK) mode.

R.M.

Reply to
R.M.

how. When I tried it, the parameter name is greyed out. Also, the help files, which say the following, seem to contradict you:

be used in relations.

parameter names because they are reserved for use with dimensions.

characters such as !, @, #, and $.

suggestion, to a copy a parameter with a new name. Maybe with Pro/TOOLKIT?

And this is a longstanding problem with Pro/E. You can't even rename parameters in Layout(Pro/NOTEBOOK) mode.

I agree with mr.david,i dont think its possiable to rename -(just renaming like others)

Reply to
tbsat