Changing Machines at the Operation Level

Let me start by telling what I would like to do and let's see if it is possible. The documentation in Wildfire makes this sound possible, but the instructions are not complete to acheive these results.

We would like to create sequences generically in operations, and be able to output at the operation level the parameters based upon the machine we intend to use: RPM, Feed, etc.

Creating different machines with their own tool tables is possible, editing the speeds and feeds in the tools, and placing relations in the mfg. parameters to use the speeds & feeds from the tool.

Trouble lies in the fact that the tool parameters aren't saved in the machine, but are still stored in the operation. When they are modified, they update across the operation, not individual to the specific machine.

Any help, information or clues would be appreciated.

Reply to
Pete