Deterioration

How come our forum has been hijacked by brain damaged morons? It used to be a place where we could get good information from intelligent people. I suppose that it is just a sign of the times when those who don't have anything useful to offer are allowed to outshout and overwhelm the achievements of those that do have the skills. So sad.

Reply to
Peter

Could not agree more! This site has turned into a sewer. A moderator is needed or close it down.

Reply to
Ken B

Sadly, it's one moron who cross-posts to this group and the other morons who understandably hate his guts always reply back to all groups. As if the second idiot is necessary for us to see the idiocy of the first idiot. :)

Me, I have put a killfile entry on the original idiot and 90% of these posts disappear before I see them.

David

Reply to
David Geesaman

Well, who keeps replying to the original moronic posts? Just let them die a quiet death.

I still get good stuff from this forum; I just have to sift through a boatload of chaff lately.

Reply to
Lehnsherr

e participation of extraneous elements, but the non-participation of the co= re elements. If you all were here every day, participating (as you did some= years ago), the riffraff would (and DID) stay away, because YOU were here,= every day... unless the core group actually wants to be the core. And choo= se to arouse themselves to participate, otherwise, good riddance to the gro= up in the absence of such participation... So, Ken B's final option seems r= elevant--shut it down.

I think that would be a shame to shut the group down; I've gotten a lot of good ProE tips off this forum. Just because some of us mostly lurk and read doesn't mean we aren't "participating". Often times others ask the question before I do, or ask questions I haven't thought of yet, or come across yet but may in the future, etc. For every person who writes in a forum there are probably 5 or 10 more who just read it.

Rage makes you high. It pumps hormones into your body, the old fight- or-flight response, etc. I think that some of the people who are signed up to this group, get high off of raging off at Jon Banquer (whoever the hell he is, I don't care nor am I interested in caring). Unfortunately the flame-fests pollute the area for the rest of us. And even more unfortunately, I think the pollution drives away those users who would have posted useful questions, but take one look at the toxic dump and conclude the place is a collection of post-adolescent flame- fest losers.

Remember: bees in cars don't cause accidents. It's *drivers flailing at* bees in cars that cause accidents:

Stop swatting at the bee. Just roll down the windows and let it blow back out of the car again.

Reply to
Lehnsherr

the participation of extraneous elements, but the non-participation of the = core elements. If you all were here every day, participating (as you did so= me years ago), the riffraff would (and DID) stay away, because YOU were her= e, every day... unless the core group actually wants to be the core. And ch= oose to arouse themselves to participate, otherwise, good riddance to the g= roup in the absence of such participation... So, Ken B's final option seems= relevant--shut it down.

I couldn't have said it better (or even half as good) myself. Isn't it possible to just ban cross posting from other forums, after all we don't seem to get much, except from the mentally challenged JB. The name of the group says it all "group/comp.cad.pro-engineer/" . This implies that the discussion here is about Pro-E, not Mastercam, Solidworks, AutoCAD or any other.

Reply to
Peter