How to hide part's datums of subassembly in main assembly?

For example I have one subassembly with three parts and I'm placing it to main assembly and I'd like to see only main datums of this subassembly but I see also datums of all these three parts. Wildfire 2

Reply to
Tomik

If you have a layer in your part that has the datum's on, you can go to the layer tree in the part, hide the layer with the parts on, right-click & save status. Then save the part - this will hide all of the datum's in the part for the assembly as well as the part itself.

In message , Tomik writes

Reply to
Robert Brown

It would be fine, bu I've just found this notice in Hepl:

"The hidden status of items is session-dependent; it is not saved with the model. All hidden items are redisplayed automatically when you exit Pro/ENGINEER."

But I Thank, it's helped me a bit.

"Robert Brown" píse v diskusním príspevku news: snipped-for-privacy@gencoa.demon.co.uk...

Reply to
Tomik

I'm using this in Wildfire 2.0 M020 and M080, and by saving the status and saving the part, it doers keep the datum's hidden from one session to the next.

In message , Tomik writes

Reply to
Robert Brown

Hidden status only refers to those items in the model window or tree upon which you right-click and select 'Hide'. The Help notice you read is not referring to layer display statuses. If you change the layer display, do a 'Save Status' and then save the file, in the next session the object will reload with that layer status.

Regards

Reply to
peterdouglas

In the Model tree, RMB the features, Hide or Unhide as desired. (Hide can be done in the graphics area.)

If you wish to make the change persistant, RMB the component, Open, Save Status (be one of a few methods), Save and Close.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Tomik, what you are refering to is Pro-e 2001 and under. If you ar using WF or WF 2, layers have changed and what was blanking in 200 and under is now referred to as hidden. Hiding something in 2001 an under was only temporary

What version of Pro-e are you using. If you are using WF you can hid

them, but they have to be unlocked or not released for the laye status to be saved

Let me know if this helps, if not I'll try to explain it a differen

way

Later, Glenn |B

Reply to
GWDavis28

Many Thanks to all for useful suggestions.

Reply to
Tomik

I'm using WF 2.0 M030. Is any switch in config.pro, which allow to save automaticaly display status during normal save? In this moment, I'm saving a part and a display status separately (File -> Save; View -> Visibility ->

Save Status). Thanks in advance

Reply to
Tomik

I don't believe it's possible.

You must Save Status to make the Hidden status persistant.

There are two factors to contend with when working in an assembly. Saving the layer status and then making sure the part is saved to disk.

When working in an assembly, if you have made a change to the part that will cause it to be saved when you save the assembly you'll be good to go. If you have not (the only change to the part was feature visibility) you must explicitly save that part, otherwise the part's saved layer status isn't saved to disk*.

You might want to make mapkeys cut down on the mouse work (that's my preference). You can also use the Select option in the File Save dialog to pick and forcibly save individual part files while in the assembly

is another discussion where I asked the same question. (*There's mention of a config option that causes all files to be save when the assy file is saved. Not a good deal, IMO, though.)

Let's see what else might come up here.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Tomik, I'm pretty sure there is a config.pro setting that you can set but I'm at home today. I'll look when I get to work tomorro morning

Yah that's how I've been saving layer status is separately. Becaus

of released/locked data this is the most intelligent way for me to t do this. Because if you try to save a released/locked part/assemblie layer status you can't, then you can't save any layer changes that yo might have made

Safe guard I guess. Well gotta go play with the kids

Later, Glenn |B

Reply to
GWDavis28