Mechanica results window font

Hi, Is the results window font (legend values, title and so on) customizable? The default font makes characters so thin, that after resizing to a presentation they're hardly readable.

Konrad

Reply to
KA

I believe that everything configurable has been moved into config.pro, the options being grouped together as sim_* but I seen none that pertain to fonts. So, I'd say, no, not through Pro/e. However, I'm not sure what's configurable with the programming applications like Pro/TOOLKIT or J-link or Weblink. Lots of interface stuff these days is being written in Java so I wouldn't be surprised if some of this interface configuration couldn't be done with it. This is an area where it's always been difficult to come by hard information. I thought the question had been asked before, if not here then on the "Exploder" but I could find no answers although the questions been asked a few times. Oh, I remember, the question was about Intralink table displays, how to get a bigger font; don't remember what the answer was but it seemed kludgy, involving the OS. Lots of unconfigurable stuff in Pro/e.

Reply to
David Janes

Thanks, David. I'm new to pro/mechanica, but what it gives is more than I expected anyway. Especially after using Algor. You want your nice result in A0 600dpi uncopressed TIFF? no problem. Don't try this with other progs.

Konrad

PS. Texts in graph result screens are totally customizable. Nobody using fringe/vector screens out there?

Reply to
KA

It may be configurable, but it is not text that is accessible and modifiable internally with the program. The program does not recoginize fonts (except the default) and fringe to vector will only capture the dots (raster-based) of outline, not the commands for drawing that outline (vector-based). Sounds like you need RayTrace.... finds hard 'edges' in your raster file and creates a vector description of the boundary.

Reply to
David Janes