Re: Dump your CAM & get Cimatron

You may have missed my rants about using the number of decimal places shown to indicate tolerances. And why it's a bad idea.

You need a written shop standard which gets incorporated by default UOS. This needs to be provided with all quotes to customers & etc. so that they are aware of it & can revise designs as needed/if needed with that in mind. Accept no substitutes. Needs to be a line item on POs & replies to RFQs probably. Not fine print. For inhouse a general note onthe design pointing to said shop standard (with control of standard) should suffice IMHO.

Depends. If you are banquering about while awaiting the machines to finish a part then deburring by hand is probably a good idea (& saves cycle time). OTOH Good (non-banquer) programming can often make a burr-free part with no increase in cycle time to begin with.

When the part or design has been banquerd you must reject.

Reply to
Cliff

te:

Wooow! almost forgot!:

CimatronE Version 9 User Group Webinars! Greetings!

Join us for the 2009 Cimatron user group webinars!

Designed to familiarize you with the new features/highlights of CimatronE Version 9, this is a special series organized by category to best meet your individual needs. Please see the agenda below for details and registration.

E9 DVD's have been delivered to customers current on maintenance. If you have not yet renewed your maintenance, please contact Hari Sridharan via email snipped-for-privacy@cimatrontech.com or phone (248-939- 7445). CimatronE Version 9 Webinars: Schedule of Sessions

Click on the session name below for the registration page.

CAD I Wednesday, October 14th (10:30 AM - 11:45 AM) Data Interface, General Functions, and Modeling

CAM I Wednesday, October 14th (2:00 PM - 3:15 PM) Stock & Roughing Procedures

CAD II Friday, October 16th (10:30 AM - 11:45 AM) Assembly, Mold Design, and Parametric Relations

CAM II Friday, October 16th (2:00 PM - 3:15 PM) Finish & Clean-up

CAD III Tuesday, October 20th (10:30 AM - 11:45 AM) Electrode, CMM, and Drafting

CAM III Tuesday, October 20th (2:00 PM - 3:30 PM) New local operations in 3-Axis

CAM IV Thursday, October 22nd (2:00 PM - 3:15 PM) Editing, Simulation and Transformations

CAD IV Wednesday, October 28th (2:00 PM - 3:15 PM) Die Design improvements

Contact Information email: snipped-for-privacy@cimatrontech.com phone: (877) 596-9700 web:

cncmillgil

rote:

Greetings!

NEW Translator Bundle Special!

Special year-end pricing is now available!

This translator bundle includes the following translators:

  • UG Read * Catia V5 Read * ProE Read * Solidworks Read

Price: $3,000 Maintenance: $84/month

OR

Individual translators are also available.

Price: $1,000 Maintenance: $21/month

*Floating option is available.

Act now! This special pricing is only offered until the end of the year.

Contact Us email: snipped-for-privacy@cimatrontech.com phone: (248) 596-9700 ext. 235 web:

--

\|||/ (o o) ______.oOO-(_)-OOo.____________________ ~ Gil ~ the self proclaimed IT13=A9=AE king (on A.M.C. only)

Reply to
cncmillgil

How much is the one for banquerbabble?

Reply to
Cliff

te:

negotiable with the amount of effort exerted in order to achieve the desired end result, basically its TIME & MONEY =3D anything can be done & undone or redone. We should be coming out of this "black hole" we are in soon according to the latest pole on wall street? Hell 387k/sec aint shit in a black hole. That what make's em black. No offense here with respect to our government spending at +387k/sec.

--

\|||/ (o o) ______.oOO-(_)-OOo.____________________ ~ Gil ~ the self proclaimed IT13=A9=AE king (on A.M.C. only)

Reply to
cncmillgil

rote:

Having trouble displaying this e-mail? Go to

$Account.OrganizationName October 2009 The Knowledge-Sharing Newsletter

in this issue

  • A Sign Of The Times * Who's Ready to Buy? * MOLD MAKING FOCUS Industry Has Turned Corner * DIE MAKING FOCUS 10 Design Laws for Tool Designers

FREE WEBINAR survival

Tool Shop Optimization Case Studies: Survival of the Quickest

Register to view now.

FEATURE PRODUCT CimatronE Version 9

Now Available!

CIMATRON TRAINING CLASSES

View current class schedule.

QUICK LINK

View Cimatron's GibbsCAM product line for production

Join our mailing list!

Greetings!

It's important for businesses to take action and assume responsibility for their own success, and not sit back waiting for the economy to change, or for government hand-outs to help. One local shop is taking an outward approach in expressing its stance on the Sign of the Times.

Purchasing expensive capital equipment is always a tough decision, and even more so in today's economic conditions. However, for those that have the money available or can get the financing - great buys are out there. And, as many shops are focusing on improving their processes, purchasing good equipment can be on the list.

It might seem a paradox, but as the economy slows down, it's the quickest that survive and position themselves for future growth. Rezmin Tool & Die (ON) and Diamond Tool & Engineering (Bertha, MN) are two such companies that are thriving in today's tough times. Learn how they do it by viewing the recording from this week's webcast with Modern Machine Shop, "Tool Shop Optimization Case Studies: Survival of the Quickest".

With the Mold Business Index reporting the end of the recession, now is the time for tool makers to get ready for the up-swing. Revisiting the basics and covering the fundamental 10 recommended design laws can be a good first step.

Enjoy the issue,

Lisa Sterling Director of Marketing Cimatron Technologies, Inc.

A Sign Of The Times sign of times

One shop owner sounds off on the "stimulus" package while giving credit where credit is due. Who gets the credit?

Who's Ready to Buy? money

Now is the time to purchase capital equipment at lower than ever pricing - if you can get the financing. Learn more.

MOLD MAKING FOCUS Industry Has Turned Corner

The Mold Business Index indicates the recession has ended. Get the details.

DIE MAKING FOCUS

10 Design Laws for Tool Designers

Fundamental tool design laws can help you anticipate and prevent possible problems, simplify operation and maintenance, and improve production and quality. Read the laws.

email: snipped-for-privacy@cimatrontech.com phone: (248) 596-9700 web:

cncmillgil

Having trouble displaying Go to

November 2009 The Knowledge-Sharing Newsletter

in this issue

  • Misperceptions, Challenges, Hope * Climbing Out of the Recessionary Tub * MOLD MAKING FOCUS Early Collaboration, Part Design Involvement Key to Global Growth in Packaging * DIE MAKING FOCUS Underlying Data of Tooling RFQs

RANKINGS & LISTS TopMoldMakers09

View the Top 10 North American Mold Makers

TRADE SHOW UPDATE:

MoldMaking Expo is now PDX AmeriMold!

A new event experience connecting buyers & sellers from all aspects of the product development lifecycle. Learn more.

INDUSTRY LINK

BETTER MOLD MAKING: Making high quality molds at lower costs and shorter delivery times.

QUICK LINK

View Cimatron's GibbsCAM product line for production

Join our mailing list!

Greetings!

Believe it or not, the holiday season has already begun, and we have much to be thankful for. After the recent years of turbulence the manufacturing industry has experienced, the light at the end of the tunnel is gradually coming into view. As those who get face-to-face with shops of all types and sizes around the country can attest, we have reason to hope for fruitful years to come.

This is not to say that the work ahead will be easy. Surviving the recession's up-swing can be just as difficult as surviving the recession itself. Economic experts cite that, "Those who've invested time to rethink and improve their businesses are ones that will flourish. Those who've just managed to survive will find themselves desperately struggling as the economy follows this bathtub-curve progression."

Learn how Cimatron customers are surviving with speed and doing more with less by watching free webinar recordings, "Survival of the Quickest" and "Doing More with Less in a Sluggish Economy."

Some, like Cimatron customer, StackTeck (Brampton, ON), are experiencing global growth thanks to their collaboration with customers and getting early involvement in the part design process.

Speaking of quoting, it is a particularly challenging facet of business for Die Makers. With a best-case-scenario of one sale for every three quotes, what is the real cost of quoting?

Enjoy the issue,

Lisa Sterling Director of Marketing Cimatron Technologies, Inc.

Misperceptions, Challenges, Hope america hope

Industry-performance data and individual encounters offer hope for long-lived manufacturing in America. Read why.

Climbing Out of the Recessionary Tub bathtub

Surviving the recession's up-swing can be just as difficult as surviving the recession itself. Get survival tips.

MOLD MAKING FOCUS Early Collaboration, Part Design Involvement Key to Global Growth in Packaging key to growth

This mold manufacturer has achieved success by partnering with manufacturers. Learn more.

DIE MAKING FOCUS Underlying Data of Tooling RFQs tooling rfq

Quoting doesn't necessarily mean selling in the case of progressive dies. What it really means.

email: snipped-for-privacy@cimatrontech.com phone: (248) 596-9700 web:

cncmillgil

Do they have to be able to drill holes?

Reply to
Cliff

te:

I've gotten away from drilling/c-boring larger holes in the range of

3/8-1" & not to deep. Now days with the ease of conversational programming (at the machine), just circle mill'm. Saves tool setup time, better location, easily size adjustment ect. I allways have a 1/4,6mm,5/16&3/8 EM's in the carousel, but drills & c-bore'rs have to be continuely set up. Buy that time I'm done milling.

-- \|||/ (o o) ______.oOO-(_)-OOo.____________________ ~ Gil ~ the self proclaimed IT13=A9=AE king

Reply to
cncmillgil

Works well for ejector pins & water lines does it?

Reply to
Cliff

e:

Ko's(ejectors): are mostly 3/8 & smaller & usually deep - thru the block. Unless your referring to the pin itself? Those are tough to drill till you get past the nitride surface on the outside. Ejector pins come in many styles& material choices nowdays. Thru hard, close tol. for "cosmetic" apps, Then there's the return pins, angle pins (pecker pins), core pins(c&cx),HSS punches(bevel head, sqr head), dowel pins(pull&std, roll pins,leader pins,gas filled cooling pins - ok Moldmakers are pinheads? You got me going on that one! I'll skip the bushings for now.

Cooling/heating lines: normally 7/16" & very deep! thank god for gun drills. Thermoset plastic & die-cast molds are heated with hot oil. Themoplastic molds are cooled, with water/antifreeze mix, or slightly heated & kept at a specific operating temp. depending on the polymer used. Oh dont forget about the kelrod heater holes that must be .

500/.501 dia.

End Moldmaking 101- the basics intro. Stay tuned next week for the d*****ad design flaws!

Hey wait a sec. this is a Cimatron post! How did I get so far off topic? Well here it is - Moldmakers best friend: CIMATRON. ok being politically correct I'll give UG a plug too.

-- \|||/ (o o) ______.oOO-(_)-OOo.____________________ ~ Gil ~ the self proclaimed IT13=A9=AE king

Reply to
cncmillgil

Just holes. The things you need stock for to keep apart.

Reply to
Cliff

e:

rote:

Holes are US! Drilling holes in hardened tool steel 50-60Rc? I would not recommended it CNC machines. Thats a good process for a "hand job" - using a drill press/ Bridgeport by hand. What were you thinking? Its always fun adding Ko's after the mold is finished. With the advent of "hole popper" EDMs, piece o cake. Those sob's can burn a hole quicker than shit. Problem is they are not accurately sized, require jig grinding/TWEDM or maybe lapping for finish. Otherwise drill'em finished with what we call a Do-Drill. Solid carbide spade type. They can be shop made on a Deckel cutter grinder or bought. I think SGS makes them, sold as reamer-drills?

End hardened steel drilling 101

cncmillgil

ote:

=95*=B4=AF)=B8.=95*=B4=AF)=A4=AA"=98=A8=A8=AF=AF=A8=A8=98"=AA

Having trouble displaying this Go to

December 2009 The Knowledge-Sharing Newsletter

in this issue

  • Unexpected Brightness Amid a Gray Economy * Shop Goes Vertical and Soars Ahead * MOLD MAKING FOCUS Aluminum Mold Expertise Offers Automotive Opportunities * DIE MAKING FOCUS Metal Fabrication in 2010: A Wildcard Year

FEATURE STORY Poly-Ject

POLY-JECT: DELIVERING HIGH QUALITY TOOLS

As seen in the December issue of Today's Medical Developments.

FEATURE VIDEO

New Machining Strategies in CimatronE 9.0

CIMATRON TRAINING CLASSES

View Cimatron's New Year training class schedule.

QUICK LINK

View Cimatron's GibbsCAM product line for production

Join our mailing list!

Greetings!

Innovative thinking and investing in advanced technologies will lead many businesses on the right track for a successful 2010. With unexpected brightness amid a gray economy, now is the time to create your path to recovery.

Continually increasing capital investment in cutting-edge technologies is a significant aspect of Precision Aerospace's business strategy. By focusing on advanced technologies such as 5-Axis and EDM, the company is able to consistently reduce cycle times and improve quality, laying a solid foundation for financial growth.

Sometimes, a seemingly simple switch in the materials used can have a dramatic impact on your bottom line. Moving to aluminum in place of steel, for example, is saving some shops 5 - 10% of their costs. This is the opportunity to evaluate what changes your company can make in the coming year to create similar savings for your business.

Planning ahead for the New Year can be a challenging task, especially following the recent economic volatility. Fortunately, economists at the Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, Intl., have identified several factors that may help inject some clarity in predicting the business climate over the coming months.

Enjoy the issue and Happy Holidays!

Lisa Sterling Director of Marketing Cimatron Technologies, Inc.

Unexpected Brightness Amid a Gray Economy sun

Good ideas are out there for us to pick and make use of. How to be innovative.

Shop Goes Vertical and Soars Ahead vertical

Through vertical integration, this shop continues to diversify and expand process capabilities to better serve its customers. Secrets of success.

MOLD MAKING FOCUS Aluminum Mold Expertise Offers Automotive Opportunities plastics car

Expertise in designing, building, maintaining and repairing aluminum molds for high-volume automotive applications gives this moldmaker a competitive advantage. Opportunity in Aluminum.

DIE MAKING FOCUS Metal Fabrication in 2010: A Wildcard Year cards

The Fabricators & Manufacturers Association identified several factors that may help us better predict the business climate over the coming months. Read their predictions.

email: snipped-for-privacy@cimatrontech.com phone: (248) 596-9700 web:

\|||/ (o o) ______.oOO-(_)-OOo.____________________ ~ Gil ~ the self proclaimed IT13=A9=AE king

Reply to
cncmillgil

=B8.=95*=B4=AF)=B8.=95*=B4=AF)=A4=AA"=98=A8=A8=AF=AF=A8=A8=98"=AA

Greetings!

Cimatron Offices Closing for the Holidays

Please note that the Cimatron offices will be closed to observe the holidays, December 24, 25 and January 1.

Please log your support questions via the support section of the Cimatron website. Wishing all the best to you and your family during this holiday season and a prosperous and Happy New Year!

- Cimatron Technologies

cncmillgil

=B8.=95*=B4=AF)=B8.=95*=B4=AF)=A4=AA"=98=A8=A8=AF=AF=A8=A8=98"=AA

=95*=B4=AF)=B8.=95*=B4=AF)=A4=AA"=98=A8=A8=AF=AF=A8=A8=98"=AA

Cimatron Tooling Tips Webinar! Greetings!

Join us on Wednesday, December 23rd, for our monthly Tooling Tips webinar designed to help you get the ultimate performance out of your Cimatron software. Start saving time and increasing productivity by attending our monthly webinar. If you have already registered, you do not need to re-register. December Tooling Tips Webinar Event Details computer hardware Date: Wednesday, December 23rd Time: 2:00pm - 3:00pm EDT Topic: CAM I - Stock & Roughing Procedures

*Note - this is a repeat session of the CAM I user group meeting held in recent months. Register to Attend

Contact Information email: snipped-for-privacy@cimatrontech.com phone: (877) 596-9700 web:

cncmillgil

??

Cliff

te:

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIi............ dont think so. CAM-1 not CAM-I Kernel Cliff, only you would find that correlation. Interesting though.The Consortium for Advanced Management International (CAM-I)

Reply to
cncmillgil

Cliff

te:

ATT: JB! Topic: Automated Drilling in Cimatron

Join us on Wednesday, January 20th, for our monthly Tooling Tips webinar designed to help you get the ultimate performance out of your Cimatron software. Start saving time and increasing productivity by attending our monthly webinar and get the best out of your software. January Tooling Tips Webinar Event Details computer hardware Date: Wednesday, January 20th Time: 2:00pm - 3:00pm EDT Topic: Automated Drilling in Cimatron

Register to Attend