Three Button Mouse

Hello All,

I use a Logitech three button mouse with ProE as probably a lot of you do. My issue is that I also use the middle button as a double click with the Logitech drivers while in windows. Of course this means that I have to disable double click while in ProE. Has anyone ever found a work around for this?

Thanks Brian

Reply to
NoSpam

I used to have this problem, but not since xp when I could set LMB to select/launch with a single click. MMB is the scroll button, even without the scroll wheel, as the mouse pointer turns into an up/down scroll pointer. In Logitech, you set this by setting the middle mouse button action to MMB. So, Pro/e stays the same. Seems like you need an alternative to MMB for double click. There is a way to set it up as a two button mouse in Pro/e and ignore the MMB. Then it's ctrl-LMB to imitate the MMB. Maybe that would help. Do a find in config.pro for mouse.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

With the microsoft mouse driver you could make button customisation software specific - change the mouse function for different programmes - I had my middle mouse button set as the back button just for internet explorer

but this driver doesnt seem to work with usb mice which I have recently moved to

Reply to
Sean Kerslake

Hi Sean, Which Microsoft mouse driver are you referring to? I have Windows 2000 Pro and don't see those options with the default drivers.

Thanks Brian

Reply to
NoSpam

I think it was the Intellipoint mouse from the MS site - it worked with a generic 3 button/scroll mouse

Sean

Reply to
Sean Kerslake

To set up Microsoft Intellipointfor program-specific button , double-click the Intellipoint app (in the tray), and under the 'Buttons' tab, check off 'Enable program-specific button settings'. Then, click on the 'Settings' button to bring up the Advanced Button dialog. Under 'Programs', click 'Add' and browse to the ProE executable (\i486_nt\obj\xtop.exe) and add it to the list.

Enable the settings for each mouse button to the right of the 'Programs' list for each application. A favorite is to add the CTRL button to either the left of right side button, depending upon whether the user is a lefty or righty, to allow one-hand spinning. I'm a lefty, and I also added a 'zoom refit' mapkey to F12, and set F12 to my left side button, so I can resize with one click.

Intellipoint will use the default setting on the main 'Buttons' tab for all other apps, so when in IE you can still use the keys for backwards-forwards.

Regards Pete

Reply to
Pete

I've got a PS2 three button mouse. In XP, it defaults to loading Logitech drivers. Do you know if the Intellipoint drivers work with PS2 mice? Or, should I just download it and try it.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Thanks Pete, Sean, I'll give the driver a try.

Regards Brian

Reply to
NoSpam