Back and forth motor like a patter

Hello,

I am a computer professional but do not have hardware level experience except for assembly language programming. I did build something as an academic project on a breadboard but that was long time back. Anyways, I am trying to make a motorized baby patter with speed and intensity settings. All I can think of right now is I need to get a motor for back and forth motion. Can anyone guide me about where to buy products and how to go about building such a system or any books on this topic?

Best Regards, Asra

Reply to
asra_baig

Daniel C. Wang

I know there have been one or two baby dolls that do this. It might be useful to obtain one and take it apart. Another approach might be similar to the 6-legged insect-like robots that are commonly built.

Joe Dunfee

Reply to
cadcoke3

--A little weird I grant, but for a good "primer" on back-and-forth motion producers try fuckingmachines.com, heh.

Reply to
steamer

steamer wrote in news:RrAye.3184$p% snipped-for-privacy@typhoon.sonic.net:

An interesting book, worth browsing for ideas is:-

Brown, Henry T. 507 Mechanical Movements. Lindsay Publications Inc, Bradley IL. 1984 reprinted from 1868 edition.

It has over 100 pages of line diagrams and explanations.

I'd suggest #72, a drop hammer. It'd give four pats per revolution. ;-)

Do not try this at home, folks! Phil

Reply to
Phil Kempster