Bluetooth control

Good day,

I am looking to use my cellular phone's (Nokia 6600) bluetooth capability to remotely control a robot.

Does anybody know of a decent bluetooth RX circuit as well as software for the phone.

I only want to use the normal joystick functions of the phone ie. left,right, forward, back and enter.

TIA, Matthew snipped-for-privacy@wol.co.za

Reply to
ABCD

Yes, ant BT Module with serial protocol should get you there.

No, I have not found any ready made software, which would be difficult anyways, because how is the software to know which 'joystick' commands should send what serial command to the bot. Depending on your phone, you can get good developer kits to write this kind of software, though. You may have to use Java or C, but that depends on your phone.

"ABCD" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:d5v33v$itv$ snipped-for-privacy@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net... Good day,

I am looking to use my cellular phone's (Nokia 6600) bluetooth capability to remotely control a robot.

Does anybody know of a decent bluetooth RX circuit as well as software for the phone.

I only want to use the normal joystick functions of the phone ie. left,right, forward, back and enter.

TIA, Matthew snipped-for-privacy@wol.co.za

Reply to
Matthias Melcher

Take a look at:

Elektor did a feature on one of their modules with a Basic stamp interface back in 2004 (not sure what month). IIRC the user interface for the phone was generated from the receiver, so there was very little phone software needed.

You can get a copy of the article in PDF format from their website.

jon sutton