Is Lego mindstorms dead or alive ?? any other cheap robotic system for begginers ?

hi, i am very new to the Robotic amateur world , and i would like to start playing with the Lego Mindstorms Robotic system . Recently someone gives me the book "Programming Lego Mindstorms with Java" and i would like to buy the Lego Mindstor...

The problem is that i cant find any Lego mindstorm here at spain (nor the web pages)

Are Lego mindstorms DISCONTINUED ???

Are any other cheap robotic system that can be programmable with java, or any other lang ???

any recomendation ??

thanks.

Reply to
CoffMan

Typing LEGO Mindstorms into Google gives a gazillion hits including places to buy it. I don't know anything about whether it's sold in Spain, but it's a mystery why you can't see the web pages.

Mitch

Reply to
Mitch Berkson

They appear to be still selling them. here is the US link:

in the US several stores still sell them such as ToysRUs, Walmart, and Amazon.com. Ebay looks to have a lively bunch of people selling Mindstorms related stuff. The Spybotics lower cost robots can be good deals too. They use a cost reduced I/O limited brick unit, and you can program the Spybots quite well too.

Reply to
Earl Bollinger

I see that the LEGO site doesn't offer the Robotics Invention System 2.0 in Spain although they will ship it to France or Germany.

Mitch

Reply to
Mitch Berkson

Googling shows:

Joe Pfeiffer

--AFAIK altho Lego continues to offer Mindstorms they're no longer developing it; i.e. it's a dead end in terms of further add-ons. Pity, that. I've gone with Parallax instead because of better documentation and support..

Reply to
steamer

why not have a look on ebay. there are loads of lego things on there

Reply to
dzfgfdzg

I have bought & sold several Mindstorms sets on eBay. I would suggest giving them a shot.

Reply to
jc-Atl