long range data transfer

Hi How can your robot do "long range(>10km) data transfer"? thanks from Peter ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com)

Reply to
cmk128

Depends on local infrastructure, application and budget. GPRS. GSM. WiFi. Argos. VSAT to a variety of birds.

Reply to
zwsdotcom

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com =BCg=B9D=A1G

Hi All I found this:

Which one is using this on your own robot? thanks

Reply to
cmk128

Mine has wheels .... Rail gun would probably kill the electronics. Pneumatic hard drive launcher? Trebuchet works well but that's a long distance to travel. Safe and intact landings are another problem.

8P.

Reply to
Doug

I used one of their short range radio modems. It worked pretty well, but I only used it for a few hundred feet tops. With 900mhz and especially 2.4ghz the range depends a lot on good antennas and line-of-sight. With properly aligned high-gain antennas that can see each other 10km should be easy. With omni antennas and obstructions, I doubt you'd get more than a few kilometers even with their high-power stuff.

-chris

Reply to
e c kern

Use a pair of cheap cell phones. World wide range. There is a bandwidth limit but hey...

Cheers!

Sir Charles W. Shults III, K.B.B. Xenotech Research

321-206-1840
Reply to
Sir Charles W. Shults III