plastic or composite versions of the 80/20 or Bosch t-slot type of extrusions ?

Anyone know of any plastic or composite versions of the 80/20 or Bosch t-slot type of extrusions ? Thanks !

Reply to
pogo

type of extrusions ?

I once ran across a source for this but they discontinued it, saying it wasn't very populary. The idea of extruded profiles is to build maching framing, and the plastic is not strong enough, and it flexes. The plasic was more for building store displays.

You might look around on the Web at various store display ("store fixtures") outfits. One such company is where I found the plastic extrusions.

-- Gordon

Reply to
Gordon McComb

t-slot type of extrusions ?

Thanks Gordon!

My hope was to mix and match the aluminum with the plastic for the perfect combo of strength with weight savings so I could use the same fasters throughout a project. Probably a pipe dream - I can see over tightening some of those fasteners to pop right through the plastic extrusions, if indeed they exist. Anyway, off to Google I go !

Reply to
pogo

I know this is an old post, but we sell plastic modular extrusions 1.5" x 1.5" by 8 foot length is just $28. Our website is under construction, but you can get the basic information.

modularextrusions