Stepper Motor

Hello, Currently, I have a stepper motor and driver/controller package from Isert Electronic. I can't find any documentation at all (I think it's at least 15 years old), so I can't control the motor. The motor is rated for Iw = 2.4A, and Rw = 1.0 Ohm.

I'm looking for a driver/controller (whatever I need to control the motor) package (with the motor, unless it can run the current motor I have) -- something with the controller and power supply all together that will let me connect to it with a computer and issue commands to the motor using C/C++. I can find controllers, but they all aren't packaged nicely (i.e. it's just the board, and you have to use your own power supply).

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
centerius

Gecko

makes nice but not too expensive stepper motor drivers. You still need to determine the wiring arrangement for the stepper, but there's plenty of info on the Web on how to use a meter to separate out the windings in the typeical bipolar and unipolar stepper. You will need to scrounge up a power supply, but those are easy to find surplus for cheap. A 500 mA wall wart will probably work, depending on the current demands of your motor.

I don't know if they have any C/C++ programming example, but basically all you need is access to the parallel port. On later versions of Windows you'll probably need a driver to allow access, as Windows takes over the hardware. Jan Axelson has a vbery good book on parallel port interfacing, and her page includes links to examples:

-- Gordon

Reply to
Gordon McComb