stepper motor power

i want to use a stepper motor to turn a base to various positions and would like the holding power and resolution of a microstepping motor and driver. Perhaps I'm just looking at the wrong companys but all I see are AC 120-240 drivers .This will be on a mobile robot so I don't need to drag a extesion chord around every where.Any sugestionson where to buy DC power microsteppers and drivers?

Reply to
CPR2020

I did a google search for "stepper motor drive" and this was the top hit:

Alan Kilian

I have one from a "Pacific Scientfic". Try

Bill K7NOM

Reply to
Bill Janssen

Also try SGS-Thomson for controller IC.

Bill K7NOM

Reply to
Bill Janssen

microsteppers

For bipolar motors:

Current drive, microstepping, and translation circuitry in one package. All you do is provide step and direction signals. If you're already making a circuit board, adding one of these is a good idea. If you don't need 2.5 amps,
handles 750ma and comes in a smaller surface-mount package.

Reply to
Garrett Mace