Alpha Hybrids

Can anyone tell me about the current status of the Alpha Hybrids ? I have tried their website a few times but can't seem to open some sections . I do know that they have a pre-filled tank very much like the ole AT hybrids and that they will have an I , J , and a K .

Richard Willey

Tripoli Cherryfield Maine

Reply to
Rich

Have you tried Alpha Hybrids - same owners as Contrail.

Reply to
Phil Stein

I believe you are thinking of Trojan Hybrids, Phil.

Edward from Alpha posted some stuff on TRF recently.

Matt

It appears he's just waiting (agonizingly so) for a test session from a certain motor testing group.........and waiting.......and waiting.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

According to that certain motor testing group, he still has yet to resubmit his motors for certification... The ball is in his court it sounds?! Tom

Chuck Rudy wrote:

Contrail Rockets

What's their excuse for the Sky Ripper 54's?

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

Actually, he has given up on that certain motor testing group and submitted them to another motor testing group.

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

You're correct - sorry brain fart.

Do they have anything in common - like never having been shipped?

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

That motor testing group said the same about those. - I'm not taking any sides here - just passing on that was said.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

Lack of ice.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Smart man

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

TMT is slowly becoming the next "Bruce Kelly" problem for TRA.

The difference is that the membership could see the direct affect of not getting a magazine. Bruce could blame lack of submissions, problems with the printing house, "lost in the mail", and whining ungrateful members. TMT can only blame the motor manufacturers, albeit in a selective manner. The full story is a disservice to the TRA membership.

-John D.

Phil Ste> >

Reply to
jsdemar

John

You hit the nail on the head. "the sun's in my eyes, my gloves too big, my shoelaces were untied" Oh and BTW I moved, didn't I tell you?

Simply amazing.

It's time to nip it in the bud.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

If this is the case, I'd like to see specific information made public so that we can attempt to have the problem corrected before it gets to the Bruce Kelly stage.

I have noticed that there are a few manufacturers that never seem to have a problem having their motors tested.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

Chuck,

Do you have specific information? If so, let's try to get this fixed.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

According to Edward, he changed the way the tanks were filled and attached to the forward closure, and requested that TMT return his hardware, desiring to have the new and current configuration tested. It took TMT 5-1/2 months to get the hardware back to him. In the interim, Edward gave up and submitted the hardware to NAR S&T. The initial testing at NAR S&T was performed on 12/16.

This has been an ongoing complaint for some time.

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

It sure sounds to me like it was more of a "problem" rather than a "I changed my mind after submitting them to TMT".

Tom

Darrell D. Mobley wrote:

Reply to
Contrail Rockets

Tom,

Wow, wanting to slander my motors? Can you back this up, this 'problem'. I'll lay it out. Before the tank was permanently connected to the motor and only allowed one tank to be prefilled for flight. I changed the connectors between the tank and forward closure to let users fill more than one tank at a time at home. This was a design change that happened after I sent them to TMT after I found a couple of new parts.

Now, I don't peruse RMR often, mainly because of the lowlife scum like Tom that likes to cause trouble.

I'd be happy to hear what you think the problem was Tom.

Edward

C> It sure sounds to me like it was more of a "problem" rather than a "I

Reply to
edwardcw

So Tom, does experiencing a "problem" justify it taking 5.5 months to return the man's hardware to him? If everyone had Contrail's turn-around time with TMT, we'd all be axle-deep to a ferris wheel in certified motors by now.

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

Wow, with "problems" like that, I can't wait until you start adding "features"!

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley