At the risk of sounding like an idiot...

Elmer's "Fill And Finish"...

Water based wood filler, that when thinned slightly, is used in the model rocketry world to fill balsa fins, body tube spirals, and lots o' other stuff. Fills nicely, and sands easily...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Thanks. I'll check it out.

snipped-for-privacy@we>

Reply to
Todd

Yep. You should be able to find it at Lowes/Wal Mart/Home Despot...

Oh yeah, you've got one too many "D's" in your name...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Todd if you do not know and seek knowledge one shall never sound like an idiot. Ask and the knowledge of the group shall be yours! Better you learn here that some dingy street corner. ROTFL! (sorry had to do it)

Reply to
nitram578

Jack Benny: "I was wondering when he was going to notice that."

Randy

<randyolb

A D21 in a slightly stretched Mosquito ~ Fire-N-Forget :-)

G.

Reply to
Graham

Fill and Finish, an Elmer's wood filler used in prepping balsa fins and paper BT before priming and painting.

Reply to
Reece Talley

The product is not called FNF now, it is labelled as Superior Staining Wood Filler, Light or Dark.

Reply to
Pete Pemberton

a G55 in a 24mm 3-4FNC rocket, made of cheap material (and minimal recovery system) to save cost, fire and forget...

Reply to
tai fu

Elmer's "Fill-N-Finish" is supposedly still available, but under different names. However, the appropriate product numbers are, reportedly:

E834 E835 E836

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Yeah,

I'll slap on a coat or two of sanding sealer over it although I think a lot of folks are able to prime directly over it and get a good finish. I learned a trick from a fellow here about priming. Spray primer coats and sand to your heart's content but for the last primer coat, spray a thin coat so it is gritty like. Don't sand and then do your color coats. After you let it dry for 3 to 7 days, you can mask and do other colors. The gritty primer gives the color coat something to "bite" into and is less likely to lift off the paint after you remove the mask. Really works. I of course do everything the hard way and wet sand my color coats and shoot lacquer so I can polish with rubbing compound and finish with car wax. Takes a long time to do but boy do I like the slickness of a wet finish.

Kurt Savegnago

snipped-for-privacy@we>

Reply to
Kurt

The hobby is s'posed to be fun. Shoot some frickin' enamel and fly the mutha!

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

Don't need no enamel. Shoot some 99 cent acrylic from Hobby Lobby.

MMMMM smells like apples.....

Reply to
Bob n Robin

He could also choose to go nekid.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Did you mean "frackin'", or is "frickin'" an obscure brand name that you use?

Reply to
Alan Jones

Yes, frickin' is an obscure brand name for a type of something else that sounds like frickin' but you can't really say.

Reply to
Roy Green

B.S. here's an email I recieved from the makers of Fill N' Finish

Dear ****,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Elmer's products.

Elmer's actually has several wood filler products. The Fill 'n Finish products are still being made, however they are not our most popular variety. The best places to find them are Ace Hardware, True Value Hardware and Do It Best Hardware stores. If you can't find them at any of the stores near you, I believe you can purchase them from the website listed below.

Sincerely,

Brian Rumschlag

Greg Heilers wrote:

Reply to
spiff

Brian is sadly uninformed. I have the product, in my hand, well, lap, as I type this. UPC is #026000008358, the important number being 835. This is a correct number, however, the label has changed. It is now labeled as Superior Staining Wood Filler, Best for Furniture, Light. This is a 1/2 pint or 8 oz. plastic tub. Go to the website above, type in 'elmer' and it is on the 2nd page as Fill n Finish, but that is not the label you will see.

/soapbox

Reply to
Pete Pemberton

Pete,

Here's the four most recent labels/decors for the tubs. They are back again to using Fill N Finish in the brand.

On the left is how it appeared just after they dropped the FNF brand the first time. Next is after returning to the FNF brand. Next, more recently having dropped it again - this it probably the one you're referring to. And last (far right) the FNF brand is back and in a new form factor in the rectangular tub.

Yes, but they now preface it with "Fill 'N Finish".

'Course it really means "Fillets 'N Fins" :)

Doug

PP wrote:

Reply to
Doug Sams