NCR Bomarc plans

Title says it all, Anyone know where I can get the NCR Bomarc plans?. I want to build the kit I bought a coupla years ago and it seems the dog ate the paper plans. (OK, my wife ate them)

Reply to
Simpson

Well, I have one and in retrospect I'd not bother with the plans. Build the body like you know how, toss the vacuum formed parts and make the wings and tail from 1/4 balsa. Put in a proper motor mount so you can use AT motors. The ram jets as designed are very poorly mounted - cross grain so they break off easily, yes, that's the way they do it! I extended the ram jet mounts through to the body tube and have had no problems. Almost any way you figure out on your own will be better than the way shown in the instructions. It's really heavy, I wouldn't fly mine on anything less than a G64.

T> Title says it all, Anyone know where I can get the NCR Bomarc plans?. I want

Reply to
jsk

Ooops - that should have said "through to the motor tube", and I should have emphasized that I cut new struts for the ram jets that weren't cross grain.

SHould also add that although IMO it is one of the worst engineered kits I have ever built (airplanes, boats or rockets), it looks nice in the air and is quite a crowd pleaser.

Reply to
jsk