trimming the Mach 10

I'm building an original Mach 10. I had one in the early 70's, but lost it at some point and was able to purchase an original kit at NARCON a few years ago. I can trim it for gliding OK I think, but I'm wondering how much weight I should put in the nose cone for the boost phase. Has anyone flown one of these lately? Can you tell me how much weight you put in the nose cone, or more to the point, where the CG should be when it's fully loaded for launch?

I've got the materials for a clone and an upscale clone I will call the Mock

10 and Super Mock 10, once I get the original flying.

Thanks.

Jonathan

----- Jonathan Sivier Secretary, Central Illinois Aerospace jsivier AT uiuc.edu NAR #56437 Tripoli #1906 CIA Web Site:

Page:
"Remember to always keep the pointy end up."

Reply to
Jonathan Sivier

I filled the nose cone half-full (or is it half-empty?) with modeling clay. It still boosts (as they always did) in an arc.

John

Reply to
John Stein

The person to ask is Mike Jerauld of DART. He occasionally sells clones of these.

David Erbas-White

J> I'm building an original Mach 10. I had one in the early 70's, but lost it

Reply to
David Erbas-White

I agree with John. Fill it about half-way with plasticene and it should boost just fine.

The Mach-10 is a really fun design to fly. I love it!

Dwayne Surdu-Miller SAROS #001

Reply to
Dwayne Surdu-Miller