1/1 scale boat kit... Serious!

Ran across this one today, thought about all of you guys who get mad when I talk about 1/72 scale being God's Own Scale.

Got a bit of a laugh and thought I'd post the link. Have fun!

hill4448

of course we do. those damn 1/72 guys have some strange beliefs and beautiful cars.

Reply to
someone

Scary how well you know me!

Reply to
eyeball

Looks fake (CGI) to me.

Why does it not list toward the outboard motor?

John

Reply to
jaf

It's an art installation. More info can be found at the artist's site ...

I'm guessing with welding and such going on, he likely gutted the interior of the "parts". In the case of the motor, who wants to weld near gas?

Reply to
John McGrail

Here's a 1/1 Airfix Spitfire:

frank

...talk about sniffin' glue!

Reply to
Rufus

All I can say is, "Wow..." Woulda loved to have been one of those kids. I noticed that, although the single parts had excellent detail (ie, the pilot), the kit as a whole was lacking in comparison to similar kits from the asian manufacturers...

Aw, c'mon! SOMEONE had to say it!

I loved watching the video and hope that Airfix does similar things in the future. Cool beans!

-ahill

Reply to
hill4448

The model was an exact copy of the first injection kit released by Airfix.

The pilot did get special treatment. It was done by creating a mould of James May (the present - also presents Top Gear) wearing an RAF pilot gear.

Altogether pretty spectacular - they did have to put a ribbing structure inside the wings so that they wouldn't droop.

But other than that all the parts were scaled up replicas of the original

1/72 kit and glued together and painted by the children.

Fantastic series (James May Toy Stories) if you get a chance to see it.

Cheers,

Nigel

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4755 (20100108) __________

Nigel Heather the-heathers.co.uk>

"Nigel Heather the-heathers.co.uk>" The model was an exact copy of the first injection kit released by Airfix.

Next thursday here in DK :-)

And I enjoyed his build of the Lego house.

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

thought about

You see my car lately? Now that's a weathering job!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Can you imagine how hard it was to clip the parts off the sprues!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

"Mad Modeller" skrev i en meddelelse news:N7udna2fNsvXttXWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...