(AIR) A-1H Air Force Wheels

Does anyone know of an aftermarket set of A-1H USAF style plain hub wheels in 1/72 scale as the Hasegawa kit only comes with the Navy style wheels and all the USAF markings require the plain hub.

Thanks for your help

Phil Hastie Canberra Australia

Reply to
P&AHastie

No, but years ago I had the same problem with the Monogram 1/48 A-1 wheels. I simply dropped some epoxy into the wheels, letting it fill in the holes. I carefully added more until it rose almost to the level of the rims. When cured, it had a slightly dished effect. Not perfect, but pretty good. In

1/72 you might get away with white glue or similar. That way, if it doesn't work out, you can remove the glue. Curt

Reply to
C Knowles

KMC had a 1/72 set that contained the Air Force wheels, which are quite different as you write. KMC is gone however, and my set is not for sale..

Rob de Bie

My models:

Me 163B site:

Rob de Bie

The KMC line was sold to Squadron. What they do with it remains to be seen. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper