B-17G - Only Natural Finish?

Have always felt that the B-17 was made for OD. any chance that the G had camo or were they all natural finish?

thx - Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

Musicman59 wrote the following:

They started out as camouflaged in 1943, but as the war progressed and the US had long range fighter escorts, the camo was eliminated. Weight had a lot to do with the absence of camouflage, since paint adds weight. The camouflaged B-17G 'Shoo Shoo Baby' is at the USAF museum in Dayton, Ohio.

Reply to
willshak

for OD. =A0 any chance that the

thx. that's what I figured... but it looks soooo much better in OD.

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

OD. any chance that the

...and much easier to model. :-)

Reply to
willshak

...that kit looks like the one I saw heading north as I was driving south a couple weeks ago.

Reply to
Rufus

for OD. =A0 any chance that the

They also used to remove the camoflage in the Spring. lots of rags and turpentine. A fighter could be done overnight. Don't ask what the crewchief's hands looked like..

Reply to
frank

or how many dies of cancer and live failure from the carcinogenic effects. may take 20 years but it's still killer. the laquer thinner i like to use to mthin enamels for airbrushing will probably kill me. but damn, don't that me 110 g4 look good?

Reply to
someone