bondo

i know a few people use automotive fillers, do they work ok? i was wondering what cuts faster, plastic or the filler? i haven't liked testors filler, milliput is for the wealthy and i have 20lbs of bondo.

I use the glaze filler... not had any problems. Use it with the green putty for contrast.

Reply to
Rich

I use Bondo glazing putty istead of Green stuff. The 2 part Bondo body filler is reserved for big modeling modification jobs. Also, you have to be careful due to the heat of catalysis.

Tom Dougherty ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com)

Reply to
Ives100

I've used 3M Acryl Blue for the past 3 years or so, no complaints. It sands faster than the plastic or resin, but feathers nicely.

I've never used actual Bondo Polyester filler on a model, but I used Bonda red for a while, it was a bit grainy and didn't feather as well as Acryl Blue, but worked better than Testors white.

Ken

---------------- Ken Lilly snipped-for-privacy@technologist.NOSPAM.com

*remove NOSPAM to reply* When diplomacy fails, send in the B-52's
Reply to
Ken

the red stuff is what i have. the fibre stuff is not useable, i think.

I use good old Bondo, myself, and it works fine, I have a body done about 3 yrs ago, and have not see any shrinking or other problems

Reply to
MOTIONTEK

There are far better alternatives:

"A&B" Epoxy Putty "Atlas Plumber Seal" "Magic Sculpt" "Knead-A-Tite" "Super Glue Brand Radiator Seal"

Each of these is a two-part epoxy putty, which work in the same way as Milliput. However, in my opinion, they are all vastly superior to Milliput.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

thanks

I've used bondo on large models, but not often. The bondo will cure enough to carve, live a rather hard cheese, in 1/2 hour or so. After that, a slower curing will continue for the next two days or so, until it is rock hard. It tends not to feather to plastic as well as milliput, and the curing is very exothermic. Kim M

Operation American Freedom- Where is our regime change?

Reply to
Royabulgaf