F-2A Buffalo Model Aircraft

One reason we can't agree on what the Hornet would is we're trying to make it fit a system no longer in use. However, if the system were still in use, it wouldn't be that bad.

Reply to
frank

Ya know, I do find it extremely strange that if I Google XF-32 & or XF-35, I come up empty handed regarding a/c. OTOH, if I Google either X-32 or X-35 or F-32 or F35, I find both a/c. You sure about your designations?

Reply to
frank

Frank is sure, it is the rest of us that have to be convinced...

Jack G.

Ya know, I do find it extremely strange that if I Google XF-32 & or XF-35, I come up empty handed regarding a/c. OTOH, if I Google either X-32 or X-35 or F-32 or F35, I find both a/c. You sure about your designations?

Reply to
Jack G

Correction: Should have been Rufus is sure... Sorry Frank.

Jack G.

Reply to
Jack G

That would make some sense, I guess...

Reply to
Rufus

Maybe it's the difference between what the engineers refered to them as and what was released to the media...similar sort of circumstance with the AAS-38B FLIR - LORAL wanted to call it "Nighthawk", but that name was already taken by the F-117...though I don't think that was common knowledge at the time. So the "officially", the "Nighthawk" name was never given to the pod...however, I have several "Nighthawk FLIR" patches in my patch collection...

Reply to
Rufus

I was working at Boeing at the time and the only common name I heard for the Boeing Entry was "JSF" - Joint Strike Fighter - which was of course the name for the DOD Program.

Jack G.

Reply to
Jack G

frank wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@k2g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Actually, no. A FM Corsair would have been F@M. "G" stood for Goodyear.

Pass the aspirin.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

grey snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Gray Ghost) wrote in news:Xns9A55C555CA8B1Wereofftoseethewizrd@216.196.97.142:

What an idiot. F2M!!!

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

I was at McDonnell...our submission against the original RFP was rejected and never got off paper, and then we were bought out and put back in the race...only to lose again...

Reply to
Rufus

Which would have been another GM-built fighter following on to the FM Wildcat. Goodyear built FG-1 Corsairs and F2G Corsairs, the F2G being the models with the big engine and the bubble canopy. Brewster was so screwed-up by this time that they produced only F3As. Aside from mismanagement, Brewster was saddled with an old multi-storey factory building that used elevators to move partially-built airfames up and down for finishing. What worked for limited production custom car bodies didn't fit into aircraft production.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

No prob. Maybe we're getting the location of the confused dipstick.......... :)

ly

Reply to
frank