F-86D

Threaded View
Did anyone besides the U.S use the F-86D? And if so were there
different paint schemes than the natural metal finish? Seems like I saw
somewhere Denmark had some. I'm looking for something a little
different because I'm just not any good doing NMF paint schemes?
Thanks

Mike

Re: F-86D
Mike do you use an airbrush?  If you do I think I can help you achieve
a fantastic NMF as easy as if you were spraying Olive Drab.
Hawkeye

Re: F-86D

Japan, Republic of Korea, Yugoslavia, Denmark, Greece, Turkey, The
Phillipines, and the Republic of China off the top of my head.

http://www.internetmodeler.com/2001/july/galleria/f-86d.htm

You're welcome

Cheers and all,

Re: F-86D

And Italy flew the similar F-86K.  You'd have to scratch up the cannon
fairings.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Re: F-86D
Bill,
  To convert to a K model you need more than the cannon fairings. IIRC
there was also a fuselage stretch forward of the wings. The wings may
have been different too, altho I'm not 100% on that.

Re: F-86D

It's been awhile since I studied the subject so I'm at the mercy of my
memory.  I do remember that different models of the  Ds and Ks used
different wings just as the dayfighters did.  F-86s seem so simple but
they can get just as complicated as Bf 109s.  It's a subject that
requires some study.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Re: F-86D
The F-86D used the early slatted F-86A type wing.  No 6-3 leading edge or
tip extensions.

 When many of the Ds were converted to the L model, they were rebuilt with
the slatted, 6-3 wing with a 12 inch extension on each tip.

The F-86K was the export interceptor version of the D.  As such it had the
same wing as the D version, not the L wing.

Norm

Re: F-86D

Probably you don't consider the examples license-built in Italy and the
mid life upgrades made.

--
Luca Beato    -  http://xoomer.virgilio.it/huey /
FAQ del plastimodellismo su http://www.ipmsitaly.com/faq/modelfaq.html

Re: F-86D
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 23:45:16 -0500, Mad-Modeller

Italy together with Germany, France, Holland, Honduras, Norway and
Venezuela (http://f-86.tripod.com/f86k.html ), but besides cannon
fairings, one has to stretch the fuselage, rescribe almost all its
panels and check for the correct wing. It might even have the F-40
slatted wing fitted during IRAN maintenance.

--
Luca Beato    -  http://xoomer.virgilio.it/huey /
FAQ del plastimodellismo su http://www.ipmsitaly.com/faq/modelfaq.html

Re: F-86D

  Australia ,not sure if they were D, K or L
Have a pic of one in NMF and 75 Sqn colours.
--
Kevin (Bluey)

Re: F-86D
Here's a good place to look.
http://f-86.tripod.com /

Curt

Re: F-86D
I don't know if there were other users or camouflage schemes but Alclad
makes NMF a snap these days.

Re: F-86D
Yugoslavia flew some rather colorfully marked F-86Ds but, while they had
colorful markings, they were still basically natural metal aircraft.
--
Cheers:  Bill Woodier
In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been

If you want to convert your -D to a -K, you could do Italian or German
aircraft in NATO camoflage.

--
Jessica

Re: F-86D
Denmark used the F-86D but they were all in NMF paint scheme while in active
service. After retirement some of them were painted overall dark green for
use as decoys. There was a picture on HS recently showing this (try
searching the forums for 'Vandel').

HTH
--
JJ
Re: F-86D
Posted a pic of an Aussie F86 on abms

--
Kevin (Bluey)

Re: F-86D
On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:27:10 +0930, "Kevin(Bluey)"

     That's an Avon-engined CAC CA-27, not a Dog Sabre.

<http://www.aarg.com.au/Sabre.htm

My "From" address is munged - use 'modeleral (at) swbell (dot) net' to respond
Re: F-86D

Thanks Al . Wasn't sure.Not a jet man at all

--

Re: F-86D
Yugoslav AF aircraft used basic NATO Gray/Green finish

Site Timeline