F-86D

Did anyone besides the U.S use the F-86D? And if so were there different paint schemes than the natural metal finish? Seems like I saw somewhere Denmark had some. I'm looking for something a little different because I'm just not any good doing NMF paint schemes? Thanks

Mike

Mike do you use an airbrush? If you do I think I can help you achieve a fantastic NMF as easy as if you were spraying Olive Drab. Hawkeye

MQM107 wrote:

Japan, Republic of Korea, Yugoslavia, Denmark, Greece, Turkey, The Phillipines, and the Republic of China off the top of my head.

http://www.internetmodeler.com/2001/july/galleria/f-86d.htm

You're welcome

Cheers and all,

Bill Shatzer wrote:

And Italy flew the similar F-86K. You'd have to scratch up the cannon fairings.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Bill, To convert to a K model you need more than the cannon fairings. IIRC there was also a fuselage stretch forward of the wings. The wings may have been different too, altho I'm not 100% on that.

Mad-Modeller wrote:

Don McIntyre wrote:

It's been awhile since I studied the subject so I'm at the mercy of my memory. I do remember that different models of the Ds and Ks used different wings just as the dayfighters did. F-86s seem so simple but they can get just as complicated as Bf 109s. It's a subject that requires some study.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

The F-86D used the early slatted F-86A type wing. No 6-3 leading edge or tip extensions.

When many of the Ds were converted to the L model, they were rebuilt with the slatted, 6-3 wing with a 12 inch extension on each tip.

The F-86K was the export interceptor version of the D. As such it had the same wing as the D version, not the L wing.

Norm

Probably you don't consider the examples license-built in Italy and the mid life upgrades made.

--
Luca Beato - http://xoomer.virgilio.it/huey /
FAQ del plastimodellismo su http://www.ipmsitaly.com/faq/modelfaq.html

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 23:45:16 -0500, Mad-Modeller

Italy together with Germany, France, Holland, Honduras, Norway and Venezuela (http://f-86.tripod.com/f86k.html ), but besides cannon fairings, one has to stretch the fuselage, rescribe almost all its panels and check for the correct wing. It might even have the F-40 slatted wing fitted during IRAN maintenance.

--
Luca Beato - http://xoomer.virgilio.it/huey /
FAQ del plastimodellismo su http://www.ipmsitaly.com/faq/modelfaq.html

Bill Shatzer wrote:

Australia ,not sure if they were D, K or L Have a pic of one in NMF and 75 Sqn colours.

--
Kevin (Bluey)

Here's a good place to look. http://f-86.tripod.com /

Curt

I don't know if there were other users or camouflage schemes but Alclad makes NMF a snap these days.

MQM107 wrote:

Yugoslavia flew some rather colorfully marked F-86Ds but, while they had colorful markings, they were still basically natural metal aircraft.

--
Cheers: Bill Woodier
In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:41:26 -0700, MQM107 wrote:

If you want to convert your -D to a -K, you could do Italian or German aircraft in NATO camoflage.

--
Jessica

Denmark used the F-86D but they were all in NMF paint scheme while in active service. After retirement some of them were painted overall dark green for use as decoys. There was a picture on HS recently showing this (try searching the forums for 'Vandel').

HTH

--
JJ
"MQM107" < snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net> skrev i en meddelelse
news: snipped-for-privacy@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...

MQM107 wrote:

Posted a pic of an Aussie F86 on abms

--
Kevin (Bluey)

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:27:10 +0930, "Kevin(Bluey)"

That's an Avon-engined CAC CA-27, not a Dog Sabre.

<http://www.aarg.com.au/Sabre.htm

My "From" address is munged - use 'modeleral (at) swbell (dot) net' to respond

Al Superczynski wrote:

Thanks Al . Wasn't sure.Not a jet man at all

Yugoslav AF aircraft used basic NATO Gray/Green finish RoKAF used SEA Scheme IIRC I think some USAF/ANG and JASDF aircraft did get the overall ADC Gray finish, but I'm not 100% sure.