For Cookie or whoever, Trumpeter unglueable tracks

Did anyone ever determine what to glue Trumpy tracks with? I found my 1/72 M4A3 tonite it's all finished but the tracks. I had gottnen one set to stay glued with CA the other one I never could. Of course on examing the "glued" one I was able to fairly easily pull it apart.

Will the damn things even take paint? I have some primer I keep for hard cases, plus some Tamiya. Maybe if I primed them first the CA would have something to hold on to?

I've got another 4 or 5 of the Trump Shermans and a couple of the JS IIIs in the stack. If I can't glue the dang tracks, the Shermans will have to simply donate parts for other projects. Like using the T23 turret on the Esci/Italeri M4A1 hulls.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

no, paint will pull right off. soak them in dishsoap solution overnite, dry completly and try.

Reply to
someone

The Trumpeter kits don't have gluable tracks as far as I know, other than the injected "link and length" ones.

The only way I found with the rest was the tried and true "heated screwdriver" approach.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:f7b1c9e3-a4b2-4292-aafc-900f93076d91 @d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Dang, I always botch that. I tried dishsoap with a touch of bleach in hot water. Not so good and that usually works on EVERYTHING.

Will they take primer? There are aftermarket Sherman tracks but frankly if all thier kits are going to be like this... I was hoping for a quick and fairly simple build. What a disappointment.

BTW "gluable" was an oxymoron.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

What I do is use a needle and thread as closely matched to the color of the finished track or use a light color and paint with the track, and sew it at the joint. Then position this in the most unconspicious (SIC) place on the track run. i usually do this as insurance even with glue or the old hot screw driver.

Mike

Reply to
mrbishop2